Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Bob Barker's Got Me Worried.....

I just got home from work a bit ago & was sitting at dining table looking through some mail & I heard a scrambling sort of noise at my feet. Bob Barker was down there with all four legs all splayed out, like he was doing the splits. He was acting like he couldn't get any traction to get back on his feet. He did get on his feet in a minute but he seemed to be disoriented & wobbly & scared. Then he went under my bed & wouldn't come out until I laid down on the carpet next to the bed; THEN he wanted to get up as close to me as possible & his body was slightly quivering.That is VERY un- Bob-like behavior. It's half-hour later & he now seems fine. Walking fine, not scared, not wobbly. I don't know what to think??? Was he just a real clutz & slipped & scared the crap out of himself or (PLEASE, NO!) is his back bothering him???He's 2 and 1/2 yrs. old & has never had back issues, thus far. I'm going to watch him for next several hours & if I see ANY sign of wobbliness or weakness, there's an e-vet open 24/7 about 20 minutes from here. I just don't know what to make of it.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks

Sounds like he might have had a small seizure. I definately would take him to the vet no later than tomorrow. Here are rays for him.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I agree with Irma. It does sound like some kind seizure. I'd get him to the vet in the morning at the latest. That's definitely not normal behavior.

Sending
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I may take him in tonight. He seems just fine right now, but you're right, it certainly wasn't anything Bobby B had EVER done before & he's never acted so scared for no apparent reason before, either.Thanks for the rayz & the input. It's scary.

Thanks

It does sound like he may have had a seizure of some kind. Since he's doing okay now, you can probably wait until tomorrow to see his regular vet. However, I wouldn't hesitiate to see the E-vet tonight if you think he needs it.

I found this link for more info on seizures. I hope it helps.

http://www.sniksnak.com/doghealth/seizures.html
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

It does sound like a seizure - the huge problem with seizures is they can be so few and far between, and unless they're frequent, a vet will rarely do anything about it. A lady I work with had her dog at the vet because his seizures were getting closer and closer, and the last one lasted about an hour and a half so she had blood work and all done, and he's on phenobarbitol right now. If they're frequent and very severe, a vet will treat them. If not, they usually advise just to watch him. Sending many for your furguy!! Please keep us posted. They can be really scary sometimes!