Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default I'm SO embarrassed...

Last night I had Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people...mostly my friends, but also one of my students who's from Ukraine (which is my own family background) and my niece and her roommate, who's from Japan. Well...too many people to sit around my dining room table, so we're sitting on the couch eating. I'd taken Alex's ramp away so that we could use the couch (and we all know how Alex feels about that!!!!!!) but left her little step there as much to use as a place to put drinks as anything. She's got her little front feet up on the steps looking in a starved fashion at her mother, and we're all yakking and ignoring her. Next thing you know, she LEAPS onto the step, and grabs a big chunk of turkey off my friend Janet's plate. We were all so busy laughing that no one even tried to get it away from her (Man!!! I :hearts: my friends...they SO get the dog thing!). Janet's only comment was "that didn't look like a dog on her last legs to me!! Any dog that can move that fast has life in her yet!!" Talk about seeing an opportunity and grabbing it And we all know what Alex had to be thankful for.....(yes, for the record she and I had a little chat...and I think she remembers why doing things like this is a bad idea!)
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I could just imagine hosting a meal at my house like that Darwin would make short order of anyone's unattended plate and Dexter would designate himself as centerpiece.

Thanks

Talking

That is hilarious!!!You can't blame Alex tho' because she's a doxie, after all, & they're notorious gluttons!! One christmas my daughter was putting food on the table & went back in kitchen for something & when she returned to dining room her shepherd/beagle mix was up in center of table munching away at a whole turkey!!!At least Alex only took a PIECE of turkey!:duh: :duh:

Thanks

Cool When we went to Florida....

I took Joy's food and water away from her at about 8:30 AM in preparation for our 12:00 flight. We were up at 5:15 AM that morning, and I tried to get her to eat then, but she wanted nothing to do with food because she knew "something was up". When we were at the airport waiting for the plane, I gave her some dry dog food and a bone, of which she wanted nothing to do with. I went to eat a sandwich and she grabbed it right out of my hand. I guess they know what they want!

Thanks

My dogs say GO ALEX!!!!!!!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Alex,
    You arb my hero!

Lub Mitzi Mooo
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Bogart says "WTG, Alex. You gotta get what you can, when you can. Dees hoomans will starve a dog!"

I can see it now. It was like when Lisa, Rafi and Lindsey were at my house and I held Bogart in my lap and let him lap soup out of the antique cream soup bowls, everyone thought it was funny! Gotta love dog people. :hearts: :hearts:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Jen Jen says, "Way to go Alex"!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Thanks

Yu go Awex!!

Wun time I gwabbed the rawmen nudles dat Ky had hangin oud his mouff, wight oud ob his mouff!! Id was so funny. He wuz tryin to swurp dem up, an bam I gwabbed and wan aways wiff dem, an ate em up!!!

Luv yu,
    Wiwwie
    Willie and Clover!!! Ozzie

Thanks

Wink

Doxie says its the least they can give you after you loaned them your couch.Did ya get any dessert? You go Alex!