I'm watching Taboo on National Geographic and it's featuring "Pets" Why am I posting in the "Always in our Hearts"? Taxidermy. Now, those of you who know me and my humor know that I love all things morbid and have the sickest sense of humor, but I've gotta admit: Having your dog/cat/rabbit or whatever stuffed just gives me the heebie jeebies. This is just my opinion, but I don't think what we love in a dog lies in it's looks. Sure, I've loved dogs that remind me of Otto or any of the other dogs (a black and tan coon hound dog has gotta be my next big dog because of Dolly) but I would NEVER want to have them stuffed. The cost of it is absolutely RETARDED, that kind of money could've gone to rescue so many LIVE dogs/cats/rabbits.
The dad who was getting a rabbit stuffed was doing it so his 5 year old daughter wouldn't have to face the death of a pet. :wtf: Future precious little snowflake in the making there.
This show is just disgusting me.....but then again, from the outside looking in at my home with 10 dogs and 8 cats, I guess that could be disgusting to 'normal' people too.
On Ebay, they sell little vial key chain thingies to put some of your pet's ashes in. I wouldn't do that either...where do you draw the line? On my mantle is OK, but in my car? In a necklace? I seriously don't get it. Is it cultural or just personal?