Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default DROH Halloweener

Last Sunday was the DROH Halloweener party. We attended with Scooter, Miller and Cash (and costumes, of course). I let Jim take most of the pictures which isn't that easy while holding one or two not very well behaved dogs, but here they are.

Here's a cute little pumpkin.

And here are two Lucy's (as in Lucy and Desi) with their Lucy dachs. They won first prize.

Here's the Tin Man and Dorothy from Wizard of Oz.

And this was a really cute costume. The dog is a horse and there's a little rider on his back. He was the cowboy and the other dog was the Indian.

More to come . . .
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Man! I'm SO jealous! Ours was cancelled because of the fires. We're going to do the Wizard of Oz theme for sure next year. Cool pics! I love the Lucys!!
    Lee Anne, Ruckus, Rowdie, Greyson, & Cayenne
    Foster Buds Always in Our :hearts: : Zipper, Tyrone, Gracie, Rosie, Tommy, Froggy, Hunter, Lowla, & Vader
    www.2ndChanceDoxie.com

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Thanks

And here's Miller as Elvis

Here's Cash as The Man in Black, Johnny Cash, with Miller. I thought he should dress as his namesake.

And, the piece de resistance, Scoot LaRoo as UNDERDOG.

Scooter won a prize as Underdog and here's he and Jim having their pictures taken with all the winners.

A few more coming . . .

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

It takes a lot out of you being a superhero. Here's Scooter using Elvis (Miller) as a pillow.

And this one is for Goob, two Aggie dachs. The owner told me that the red one was named MAggie. Spelled with a capital M and A.

And here's another pic of the winners.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Looks like a fun time had by all.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the pics. What a great day for everyone. Congrats to the winners, they had such neat costumes.

That's a real cute pics of Scooter using Elvis as a pillow.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Those were great costumes!!!! I liked all 3 of them......but I have to admit... I like Scoots Underdog costume the best...

I dont know maybe its because I got to see Scoots personality in person

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

OOOOOOH that looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see you and your crew again in just five months! They look fabulous in their costumes.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

That could be, Rafi. Everyone who meets Scooter seems to be partial to him after that. I guess it's just his natural charm. :D

I made his Underdog costume by using Amy's put-it-on-a-harness method. I made a red harness out of wool that I felted myself (are you impressed?) and then made a cape out of some felt that I bought and appliqued the U on the cape. Add Doggles and, voila, UNDERDOG!

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

:wow: Looks like a really great time!!! I am totally amazed that you managed to keep their glasses/goggles on though...Alex would not only poop in my shoe if I tried that, she'd probably chomp me for good measure! People have such terrific imaginations... That little Indian doggie (or First Nations doggie, as we'd say up here)), is giving Scoot some serious attention
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."