Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default A dress for Rosie.. pictures of Rosie added!

My friend Harriet has two cavaliers, I met them in agility a few years ago when she started Rosie. Rosie has since been dx-ed with various horrible conditions, some related to being a cavalier, some supposedly not. Anyway, Rosie is unable to do agility anymore or her therapy dog things. Her sister, Lilly, is the one I made the munchkin costume for. Harriet said when she put it on Lilly when she got home, Rosie was sad. So I made Rosie a pretty dress and headpiece. She's a blenheim, which is white with red markings. I think she looks good in pink

Owen kindly modeled it for me (Laika was hiding)

Obligatory peenie shot
    Last edited by areese; 11-01-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: update
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Amy, you have got to go into business!!!!! That is just gorgeous, and your friend is SO lucky!!! And nice to see how secure Owen Weenie is in his masculinity (no wonder Laika was hiding )...
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Thank you
    Hope it fits Rosie...Laika is a tiny bit smaller but close to her size so the poor girl did have it tried on her numerous times. I was making it up as I went along so there was a lot of ripping stitches out and redoing (some swearing too) but I think it's ok..just different from how I was picturing it. Harriet gave me fabric that I wouldn't have chosen (too slippery and hard to work with) and I bought the various trims to fancy it up. I did line the dress with soft flannel so I think it will be comfortable.

and Segue

Thanks

Great job! How sweet of you. And Owen looks so pretty ----- er handsome!!!

Thanks

that is so beautiful!! I just love little Owey's face in the peenie shot!

"can u beleeb this $h*t??"
    Jennifer:cucum: & Molly!! :rpaw:
    Throw Molly a bone:
    http://www.dogster.com/?196799
    My Space:http://www.myspace.com/jherron1278

Click the link below to keep up with DLC's 1st Hooman kid:
    http://www.babysites.com/sites/jherron1278/

Thanks

I went from hearing about Rosie to :awww: seeing the dress and how beautiful it turned out to :lol: seeing Owen modeling it! Good job Amy! :urock:
    Lee Anne, Ruckus, Rowdie, Greyson, & Cayenne
    Foster Buds Always in Our :hearts: : Zipper, Tyrone, Gracie, Rosie, Tommy, Froggy, Hunter, Lowla, & Vader
    www.2ndChanceDoxie.com

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Thanks

The dress is adorable - Rosie will be so happy !!!

Mudder - what are ya doing to your boy ????? (He does look very cute, doesn't he - hee hee.......such a good sport !!!)
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

That turned our cute.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

WOW BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LUCKY DOG!!! and what a great sport Owen is for modeling!!! but the third pic I think I see a bit of that doxie lip curl starting LOL...My fav has to be the last one..." Come on look mom I am a boy, seeee"
    "Never be afraid to do in our hearts what we feel to be right especially if the well being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." Unknown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Anne
    I went from hearing about Rosie to :awww: seeing the dress and how beautiful it turned out to :lol: seeing Owen modeling it! Good job Amy! :urock:
    Harriet says Rosie has been doing really well the past few days. She has myasthenia gravis, which can get better and seems to be doing so, and for some reason, mega esophagus which won't get better they say. Her esophagus is all loose and lacks tone so she has trouble keeping food down.
    She also has syringohydromyelia (which is a malformation in the spinal column causing fluid to collect) but they say that her current troubles aren't related to that and so far it hasn't caused any functional problems except some phantom scratching. She is a sweetie pie dog. I think I have a picture of her somewhere...
    Here she is when she was still doing agility. Along with Laika's other friends, Macy (golden mix) and Ripley (cockerpoo)

and Segue