Thanks

Default Small update on me, Oscar and baby Dylan

I am freaked out about Oscar and the baby co-existing but they are really doing fine. Oscar is extremely curious but does not seem to be aggressive toward the baby or his things. I make sure to get my Oscar time every single day but he seems just as happy if he is alone (hope he is not depressed). I read somewhere that it may be tough for him to deal with the fact that I am home all the time now. I'm freaked out mostly because Oscar does not have the best history. I suffered a bite from him almost 2 years ago but he has since had lots of training and was neutered. Now I wonder if it is okay that we did not follow every last little thing that we were supposed to in training. For example, Oscar still has access to the couches. It seems that my husband is definitely in a leadership position with Oscar but my position is sometimes questionable. I do work on that. I know it is better to be safe and vigilant but I have to learn not to keep worriying about what might happen. I also have to remember that I have a lot of love to offer and I do not have to feel guilty about Oscar even as I bond with the new baby. The guilt and the fear are somewhat related to my hormones, I think. Any advice about babies and dogs is greatly appreciated.
    Love always,
    Kerie and Oscar (Scott and Dylan, too)

Thanks

Not having any babies myself, I don't have any advice there.....but having heard of so many of the things that you have gone through with Oscar, I just want you to know how proud I am of you!!! So many people would have given up a long time ago, even before a baby. You are doing a great job and I want to say to you for all of your hard work!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Don't project what might go wrong. When you expect the worst, the dog picks up on it and reacts. Just as long as the dog gets the message the baby is a pack leader too, you can live in harmony.
    2 years is a long time to go without biting. Whenever someone asks me if my dogs bite, I say "they have teeth, so yeah, they can bite if you do something stupid"
    Just love your dog and your baby and relax. You've been a good mom to Oscar, and you're gonna be a better mom to the baby for that experience.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xgymnst
    Not having any babies myself, I don't have any advice there.....but having heard of so many of the things that you have gone through with Oscar, I just want you to know how proud I am of you!!! So many people would have given up a long time ago, even before a baby. You are doing a great job and I want to say to you for all of your hard work!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
    HUGE You've done terrific with Oscar, Kerrie, and it'll be ok with the baby too.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I've been trying to think of some "great advice" to give you, but really the only thing I can come up with from this past year is to just go with the flow. Maybe I've been lucky, but we have really had no problems. But we got Molly as a puppy, and she doesn't come from an abused background or anything like Oscar. (Well I don't know if he was abused but I know he didn't have a great life like he does now with you.)

Alison is definetly to the pulling and smacking point now, but I watch her like a hawk and tell her no and to "be nice" and I show her how to pet Molly on the back soft, and she thinks it hilarious when Molly kisses her!

Everything is still new to all of you now, you will get into a routine soon, and you'll wonder what you were so worried about!
    I hope I didn't babble, (I'm trying to work on that) and maybe helped a little. If you ever want to talk or anything just PM me, anytime! I'm no expert, but I definetly know how those hormones are!! lol
    Jennifer:cucum: & Molly!! :rpaw:
    Throw Molly a bone:
    http://www.dogster.com/?196799
    My Space:http://www.myspace.com/jherron1278

Click the link below to keep up with DLC's 1st Hooman kid:
    http://www.babysites.com/sites/jherron1278/