Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Weenie In Heat...HELP!!!!

Well Bucky and Molly have done their thing....problem is Bucky like ALWAYS wants to do his thing and it's driving everyone in the house crazy.:duh:
    No matter what we do to try to seperate them it's ....whine whine whine.
    Truthfully....I CAN'T TAKE NO MORE WHINNING....HELP!!!!!

If we lock him up he cries very loudly and freaks out. We felt sorry for him so we tried the gate instead so he could atleast see her and stuff. NOPE...still whines. This has gone on for 5 days now and guess what my flyin' weenie does today....JUMPS THE GATE!!! So now what am I gonna do?:confused:
    I tried putting panties on Miss Molly but she's wat to slick for that and takes them off so she can pee. Tried putting diapers and panites on Buck-o but none of them come up high enough to cover his peenie(thanks to owen for teaching him how to make it grow). I'm so out of ideas and need help on this one now. Molly's doing great and we're having no problems there we just can't stop Bucky from wanting to get to her again. Please oh please.....any ideas???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Ummm...spay her? That would be my best suggestion!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Well we do plan to do that after this litter. We just wanted her to have one litter before we did it. Everything has been palnned and checked with the vet. However,the vet gave no advice on how to deal with Mr.Bucky only to seperate them.

Thanks

If you choose to breed, there is nothing you can do to make life easier in your house. And it won't stop for awhile...for some reason dogs who are pregnant seem to smell like dogs in season for quite some time and the males remain interested.
    Neuter him?
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

The girls were in heat when they came here (Cassie and Michele) and the farkathon didn't stop even after they were fixed. After a week, the humping has slowed to a minimum, and my leg is now a sexy thing to Michele

You get no sympathy from us, that's what you get for breeding while homeless doxies die in shelters, even if you have homes lined up for each one you produce. That just took a home away from one in the pound.

Sound too mean? Sorry, I can't get the image of those 2 doxies that were gassed earlier this week out of my head.

Thanks

That's one reason why my male and female pair were spayed and neutered right at 6 months. No mess, no fuss. They are platonic friends. Siblings. (Plus, I can't imagine what kind of crazy a mix of my two personalities would produce.)

Another (BIG) reason is the overpopulation of dachshunds. And a third is that I didn't want my female to have to go through being pregnant and delivering. And being pregnant myself, now, I am SO thankful I didn't put her through this. It sucks and I haven't even hit the hard part yet. (38 more days...)
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Spay her, neuter him. Don't add any more dogs to the pet population and no more whining.

Easy.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Board him. Have her spayed. It cost more if she is pregnant, but so what? You really meant to breed her, huh? Sorry, I agree with the rest of them. My three girls are spayed. All three are rescues. The shelters and rescues are loaded.

You can always buy earplugs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Molly
    Well we do plan to do that after this litter. We just wanted her to have one litter before we did it. Everything has been palnned and checked with the vet. However,the vet gave no advice on how to deal with Mr.Bucky only to seperate them.
    You will receive passionate response to this thread because our rescue angels see first hand the outcome of irresponsible breeding and good intentions gone bad.

Just something to think about...

Average Littler size is 4 Puppies possibly 6. What are you plans as far as spay/neutering those puppies?

If those puppies go to 4 different homes and each of those homes, decide to get at least 1 Litter before they spay and neuter now you have 4 dogs x 4 Puppies = 16 Dogs multiply that by 4 and you got 64 Dogs!!!

You can see how easily this gets out of hand, and Dachshunds are not for everyone... You would be surprised how many times I run into people who mention that a family member got a Dachshund and they couldn't control it because it was rambunctious and they got rid of it.

Breeding a goes beyond getting to dogs to hump to produce a littler, there are many things to consider genealogy being one of them. Top quality Dachshunds come from responsible and controlled breeding.

I would recommend every single puppy produced to be spayed and neutered before they are given away.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Molly
    There is not much you can do because when a female is in heat, nature finds a way through a hole in a chain link fence, even. And the adrenaline rush will be strong and do not be surprised if Bucky chews through things, claws through things, or jumps way higher than you ever could imagine to get to Molly.

A lot of people are unaware that its a myth that a female needs to have one litter - it does not make her healthier. And also, did you take into account if Bucky and Molly were genetically compatible? There are members here who have a zero tolerance policy for breeding because there are so many without homes. And there are some members here who believe that most people shouldn't breed but there are a very small number of responsible breeders who only breed the most genetically sound to better the breed and also have the will power to NOT breed if its best. These puppies are depending on you.

People feel very passionate because puppies are such a responsibility because there are so many in the shelter - and if someone answers a puppy ad - that is one more home that a shelter dog won't get. And it can be even more confusing and difficult for someone who does have puppies to find GOOD homes for them because everyone has puppy fever. A lot of rescuers here have seen that when they rescue a pregnant momma from the shelter - everyone wants her puppies. People that seem to have the perfect little family but are woefully uneducated about dachshunds, dogs in general, or intend harm. And you just have to know that once the baby leaves you, you have little control on what happens in the little one's life unless you stand firm (but even then there are no guarantees). And you will get lots of people who seem nice but really intend to breed the puppies and continue the cycle.

I hope that you neuter Bucky NOW. And that you spay Molly now, or after her heat, depending on what your vet recommends. Girl dogs can be spayed while in heat. Some vets charge more, because it takes more doing but can be done. And if two dogs have "locked together", and you think she just got pregnant, she can absolutely still be spayed. I encourage you to do so. And if you have puppy fever, adopt. There are just too many that die every week IMHO. I don't know why your vet didn't encourage you to spay, and if your vet dissuades you from spaying i would get another vet.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, but I am really on the front lines most of the time in trying to find rescues for dogs in kill shelters and all of them were somebody's puppy once. (even if they are adults and there are tons of doxies and doxie pups). And they are there most of the time because of bad choices. Also, if you spay/neuter it will be for the health of Bucky and Molly too, especailly if you don't let her give birth.