Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default weenie not feeling well

Earlier today weenie's stool was loose and when I let him out a couple hours ago he seemed constipated. I took his temp and it's 98.6. He is walking sort of hunched over and seems pretty listless. Do you think an e-vet visit is in order?
    Weenie & Cricket & Annie & Me (Amy)

Thanks

Ohhhh Amy, I'm not sure! I don't like that he is listless and hunched. Did you try giving him some Pumpkin and seeing if he poops? I would phone the e-vet and see if they visit is in order, of course it means $$$$ to them, so I'm sure they will...but at the same time if it's serious you don't want to not go!!

If it were one of mine, I would go. Lots and lots of for Weenie!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I agree a visit is in order there are many reasons where those symptoms could occur but since I'm not a vet I wouldn’t want to speculate or give out the wrong information. I don’t know what the standard fee for an e-visit is but it would be worth it.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

ITA with Lisa. Hunched back usually means pain, see what the vet has to say by phone but I'm pretty sure they will have you bring him in.

Sending mega to Weenie, please keep us updated.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

To Weenie!!!! ITA w/ everyone else...listness and hunched over does not sound good!! Better to be safe than sorry!! Hope he feels better soon!! Keep us posted, please!!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Jen Guest

I agree hunched is not good! If it were me, I'd take him in right away. for Weenie.

Please let us know how he's doing!

Thanks

Poor Weenie. Trying a little pumpkin shouldn't hurt, but if things don't start moving (and the discomfort improves) pretty soon, I think I would probably go to the e-vet to rule out a GI blocakge or torsion, or other serious problem.

Please let us know what happens
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

ITA with advice given. Can you reach your regular vet after hours? If not, I'd call the e-vet and talk with them. If Weenies isn't feeling better after some pumpkin, I'd definitely take him in.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

It sounds like he really needs some rayz!!! Hope to hear that he's feeling better soon!
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Weenie got to sleep in the big bed last night because I wanted to keep an eye on him. He woke up this morning acting like his regular self. If he wasn't feeling better today we were going to take him to the e-vet. We had snow last night and the nearest e-vet is 30-40 minutes away. He seems like he's feeling fine. He ate and chewed a pig roll. He also pooped and it looked pretty normal. I think he just had a bit of an upset tummy. Thanks so much for all the rayz!:banana:
    Weenie & Cricket & Annie & Me (Amy)