Thanks

Default Braydi the Bread Dog

I came home from work yesterday to find that Braydi had somehow managed to get half a loaf of bread from our kitchen counter and consume it. She was miserable all night...wouldn't poop...kept waking us up because she didn't feel well. David took her out 3 or 4 different times and she wouldn't/couldn't do any business. We called the vet at 7am this morning and while waiting for a return call, she threw up twice...all bread with a little dog food mixed in. Then went outside and pooped. The vet called back and said she should be fine - make sure she is eating (sure is!), etc. But before I left for work, she was shaking and looked like she wanted to throw up again. I called David and made him turn around and come home. He's working from home today and keeping an eye on her. for my little devil dog who gets into everything. She's just not herself...hopefully this bread will pass through her soon. And I'm buying a breadbox TODAY.
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

that the bread passes quickly. And got to love a man that will stay at home when the weenie don't feel good.
    "In Loving Memory of Scooter! My first Doxie. May she rest in Peace":angel7:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peppers Mom
    that the bread passes quickly. And got to love a man that will stay at home when the weenie don't feel good.

Little buggers get into the worst things and eat ALL of it! :mad3:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Stuffed herself with bread, huh? Kind of like a holiday turkey. I'm sorry she's uncomfortable :(. I'm sure she hasn't learned a thing from this experience, though.

DH says once when I wasn't home (which is when these kind of things happen ) he and his mom came in the room and the dogs had a half a loaf of bread and they were running madly around the room trying to bury it in the couch cushions and under the furniture (for snacking later I guess) :lol:. I would really have loved to see that.

Rayz for Braydi . I am surprised her sister didn't join in the fun!!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls
    Stuffed herself with bread, huh? Kind of like a holiday turkey. I'm sorry she's uncomfortable :(. I'm sure she hasn't learned a thing from this experience, though.

Rayz for Braydi . I am surprised her sister didn't join in the fun!!
    No doubt she has not learned a stinkin' thing (you would think the sugar-free gum eating incident would have taught her a lesson, but nooooo). I am shocked too that Braydi didn't share with Bayley...but perhaps Bayley DID learn from the gum incident and decided to be a perfect angel. Oh, who am I kidding?! Braydi probably wouldn't share the stash o' bread!

Thanks

I hope everything comes out alright. for Braydi.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Extra feel better for Braydi!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Talking

Hi Braydi, dis is Nero, I heard you eatted the whole bwead from the counter. No No Never do dat. When you takes the bwead from da counter you hide it in your cwate like me. Shove it under a bwanket and you can have snacks all day. I have brwead,and the butter tub,and an unopened can of dog food and a bag of wittle carrots,turtle food,and some of Doxies toys. I am taller than you so I could get the bwead box too if we had one. One time mommy got mad cause I had the ewectric bill in my cwate too. Sorry! :mlala: I hope you are fweeling much better and remember to only eat a wittle at a time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

This sounds like when Alex ate a whole pound of brie a few Christmases ago (mom's fault for leaving her in the car for TWO minutes with the groceries...) and bloated up til she looked like a balloon with very little legs. When I called the vet they were almost laughing too hard to give me any advice...although all that fat could have been very very hard on her liver (which is already in bad shape :mad: ) and pancreas and they were a little concerned about bloat. But much very loose poop and lots of stinkies later, she was fine. Sending that Braydi's ok! (Learn a lesson??? I don't think so )
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Hi All!
    Braydi is feeling much better (of course, I'm at work right now and have no idea what she could have wrangled her way into by now...but we have gated, crated and tied up anything and everything we can see, smell and touch!). She is on some special tummy food and is thrilled. Seriously. She LOVES this food. She has been letting some particularly foul smelling gas go and I swear she smiles each time as if to say, "Ahhhh...I feel so much better. And take that for moving the bread into the microwave!"

Thank you for your for the devil dog. Her mommy and daddy very much appreciate it! And Braydi asks that everyone send her a ladder for Christmas. She would like to get to the top of the refrigerator next. :banana: