Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Maybe it's a 'hot spot' and if you have NeoPredef powder that would help.
    Good luck and sending it's better by morning.

There is also a Topical spray "Genesis" which is excellent for puritus.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

How is Jadaa this morning? That must feel SO uncomfortable.
    Loren and the misCHIEFmeister

Please be my pal!

Thanks

From my vet I get a spray called Topagen and it is a glucocorticoid/antibiotic. I only have to use it when needed and it has lasted well over a year. When he breaks out I used it up to 3X a day and it works instantly. For Pogo his was initially like an exzema rash that he scratched and bit raw. But now as soon as I see the rash I spray once and he is good for weeks and weeks.

Sending lots of rayz to Jadaa

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

poor baby!! All I have is anti-butt-itch ...
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Default Good morning all

Jadaa spent the night with Michael and he told me last night that she alternated sleeping and chewing on her hiney. It is only at the base of her tail. No bumps - just red where she is chewing. We bathed her in the shampoo that doc gave us and he gave her a small amount of Benadryl - he doesn't have a computer and I wasn't going to risk od'ing her. She is on her way to the vet for her shot! Thanks for the and the advice!!! I'll update you later!
    SAndi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Jen Guest

Poor Jadaa! Tasha licks UNDER the base of her tail when her anals are full, and has licked herself raw. We had a prescription spray to use to keep it from getting infected. Spraying her little hiney did NOT make for a happy pupper.

Hopefully you can find out the source of Jadaa's condition!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha's Mom
    Poor Jadaa! Tasha licks UNDER the base of her tail when her anals are full, and has licked herself raw.
    Where is the da**it man smilie when I need it? I didn't even think of that.... just called Michael's cell to tell him to have Doc check that! Now why didn't he think of that
    SAndi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I have used a hot spot spray from Petco that has tea tree oil in it. It comes in a spray and a foam. I think it's by Veterinarian's Best?? I'm at work and don't have the bottle here. I keep it on hand for emergencies since Bogart does the same thing only he itches on his hip area. Benedryl should stop the itching though.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Hopefully she is feeling better!!!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Alex has a tendency to lick her paws raw, and I use Variton cream on them. It's an antifungal, only available from the vet, and puppers HATE the taste of it. :eek: Works a treat! for an itch-free zone! Let us know what happens!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."