Thanks

Default Snow (sorry kinda long)

We woke up this morning to a lovely site. We knew it was snowing last night when we (and by we I mean me and the puppers) snuggled in to go to sleep...Heidi dreaming of Hawaii and Buddy and I dreaming of skiing in the Alps. After breakfast, I suited my little ones up and took them out for their walkies and morning play time. Miss Priss was still dreaming about Hawaii...She jumped down off the porch, ran into the yard and very quickly did her buisness....no sniffing, no playing, with the most hilarious "get the job done...too cold...must go back inside and get warm" look on her face. Seeing as how it takes Buddy even LONGER when it snows, I took her back in to let the games begin. He was the funniest sight...Running all over, plowing his nose down into the snow and throwing it up in the air. He instantly became even more of a spaz than he normally is!! He just loves to be able to go out and run and play in the snow. I think he would have stayed out there all day if I had let him!! Sadly, I do not have the digital camera, nor do I have a disposable so I did not get any pictures (we're supposed to get more on Tuesday and I"m off then too so I'll be sure to get a camera!). When I decided it was time to come in, he looked so sad and his face was saying "No mudder i want to pway!!" We came in, dried off hung out coats up to dry and went searching for Miss Priss. We found her, on her favorite chair, chewing like a mad woman on bobo. When she gets really mad about something her way of pouting is to chew and chew and chew. Well, poor bobo now has no eyes and half the stuffing in his head has been removed. She looked up at me and had stuffing all over her face. This too was a prime photo op, which I missed (i really need to get my OWN digital camera!). Buddy jumped up on the chair and snatched bobo from her when she was looking up at me. Instead of stealing it back she just began licking his feet to clean them off. Sitting there, looking at my two babies I realized how special they are, in their own little ways. It amazes me how different their personalities are. They just remind me of little hooman brother and sisters. Half the time, they cant stand eachother, but then there are a few special moments like this when you can tell how much they really love eachother. No fighting, no growling, just big sis taking care of little bro. It put such a smile on my face to see the love they have for eachother. When she had had enough of cleaning him off, she came over to me on the couch and started licking at my hands and face, as if to say "I wuv you too mudder." She is such a sweet little girl and I am so blessed to have her and my spaz boy in my life. Its hard to imagine life before them, and makes me cherrish all the little moments like these all the more. I am the luckiest dachsie mom alive!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Jen Guest

What a great story! And yes, every day we get to spend with our puppers is something to treasure.

Miss Tasha did not like the snow much this am either. She likes to sniff it, but hates getting wet paws.

Thanks

Loved your story. Mine get along better as they get older and I love to watch them communicate with each other.:hearts:

Snow? The Florida Girls have no knowledge of this thing you call snow!! :confused: :D
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Sounds like you had lots of fun playing the snow. I would be with Miss. Priss staying inside and keeping warm. :hearts:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

Awww Becca, you make me get the sniffies! I :heartbt: your story..... I can't wait to see what Molly does in the snow... I'm thinking she will be like Buddy..... so far she hasn't minded the wet or cold as long as she is outside :rofl: !
    Jennifer:cucum: & Molly!! :rpaw:
    Throw Molly a bone:
    http://www.dogster.com/?196799
    My Space:http://www.myspace.com/jherron1278

Click the link below to keep up with DLC's 1st Hooman kid:
    http://www.babysites.com/sites/jherron1278/

Thanks

Thanks for sharing your story with us Becca. It put a smile on my face.

Casey hates the snow. Sophie loves it.
    Casey gets this real sad look on his face and his paws come up and he rolls over as If he is dead. I have to carry him home. He hates it even more when his Manhood gets all cold and wet from the snow. He doesn't lift his leg. He just kinda stretches and wizz's

Sophie just trudges right along side me. My little Trooper!

When we get home.....It's INSTANT Zoomies all over the house!

Funny thing is......She is the Tweenie and Casey is the Standard.

Thanks

Well, now I have one depressed little Buddy. All weekend I was telling him about all this snow we were gonna get, and now we're not even getting a flurry. Looks like I'll have to save the camera for another day :(
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Poor Buddy! It'll snow soon little guy. Don't worry. Then hoomom will take you out and let you play all day. Of course, she'll also take lots of pictures to share with her friends on DLC.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

That is a nice story. Bella doesn't mind the snow but she is too delicate to stay out for too long. Her little paws get too cold and she runs over to me to be picked up, carried back into the house, paws wiped dry, heater turned on, coat off, treat in mouth and onto mutters warm lap. :hearts:
    Kelli (Hoomom to Bella & Cooper)