Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buda 2008

Thanks

Default Buda 2008

Since I just continued the 2007 thread like a total :loser: I have now split it into a 2008 version, cause it was a really good thread!

Here is what I will be bringing to the event.

Chairs: at least 4 - 2 for me & Rafi & 2 for Tanya & John ~ if we can fit more we will bring them.

Cooler: loaded with water, crystal light (cause I hate water), Coke, Diet Coke & adult beverages (are you allowed to drink in public in TX? Serious question, you can't walk around with open alcohol in Ontario).

X-pen: big a$$ one, no idea the actual dimensions.

# attending: 2 adults (albeit immature ones) & the PQuads.

We will also bring a big sun umbrella to cover either humans or the x-pen and I have a couple of disposable table cloths to cover part of the x-pen if they need shade or we need to set up someplace for humans to sit on (plus Pogo is allergic to grass, so he needs a grass free zone).

Also have a first aid kit (for dogs), hand cleaner, hand sanitizer, poop pick-up bags, sunscreen, kleenex, paper-towels, garbage bags, water bottle of doom, bug spray, LOTS of dog treats, and I am sure I will have more before the actual event.

Now you all know why Tanya laughs at me!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Ok, I will add my things.

1 person (me)
    1 dog (GOOSEMan)
    1 stroller
    1 small vinyl cooler

If any one has a spare chair I can usse please bring it. since I am flying in I will be traveling light.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda
    Ok, I will add my things.

1 person (me)
    1 dog (GOOSEMan)
    1 stroller
    1 small vinyl cooler

If any one has a spare chair I can usse please bring it. since I am flying in I will be traveling light.
    Don't worry about seating. We've got 6 chairs and we'll bring them all, and our "spot" has a park bench if we can get the same place we were in last year. I always find myself on the ground with the puppers, so that frees up another chair.....I also have some extra water bowls for puppy drinks!

We'll be bringing a cooler with water, gatorade, Dr. Pepper, and adult beverages......YES, Lisa, you can drink at the fair grounds. Or at least, we did last year and no body stopped us...... . Remember, if you don't have twist off beverages, bring a bottle cap opener (yes, we had this problem last year...)

I also have 2 large sun umbrellas and one of Zandra's x-pens that we will be bringing. I'm fairly sure she's going to bring the other x-pen.

Hum.......am I missing anything....
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xgymnst
    I always find myself on the ground with the puppers, so that frees up another chair
    IN the x-pen out outside of it? I am just wondering if there is a difference before vs. after the adult beverages? :D

Thanks

I have two x-pens that I can bring, but it sounds like we are going to have plenty. I'll bring the smaller one in case someone needs some alone time...

I can bring 4 chairs I think, but 3 of them have been in the shed for who knows how long (belong to the owners of my rental) and may not be in great shape.

I'll also bring KIM!! Oh, and I guess Bailey and Radley if I really have to. Buda is too much action for Milo, he'll just spend the day yelling, and its definitely too much for Joey.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Unfortunately Texas is not Europe (or Louisiana for that matter) and you can't drink alcohol in a park. Or a car. Pretty sure anyway. :D Not to mention you'd probably dehydrate so fast in the heat....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney
    Unfortunately Texas is not Europe (or Louisiana for that matter) and you can't drink alcohol in a park. Or a car. Pretty sure anyway. :D Not to mention you'd probably dehydrate so fast in the heat....
    That is why I asked. When we went to Fort Worth Stockyards, you could carry your drink around which was so weird to me, but I wasn't sure if that is because it is a specific "designated area". or a Texas thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I think that is by municipality in Texas. Depends on the laws in Buda. Last year no one as blatant about it and no one was obviously intoxicated so no one bothered us. :D

I'm like Lisa. I have almost everything on my list that she had including a first aid kit for people. It's okay, Lisa. People laugh at me, too. I always pack like I'm going to some backward foreign land with no stores.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Baby wipes would be good... melted Jello shots are messy Hint: when extracting the Jello, be careful not to crack the plastic cup .

I sit on the ground too, so don't need a chair.

I am flying and dogless so will just be bringing my bag of dog treats to bribe other people's dogs to love me :lol:. But I can pick up anything else needed, will have a rental car too...
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls
    Baby wipes would be good...
    melted Jello shots are messy
    Got em!