Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default I lost you today

5 years ago. My father, my dad, my soul. You had been scalded by a faulty hot water heater and burned severely. You were barely conscious when I found you. Did you know I was there? Could you register anything other than the agonizing pain you were in? YOu were taken to the hospital where they immediately sedated you to complete unawareness. The doctors whispered amongst themselves while I stroked your forehead and talked to you. DId you hear me? You would have been sp proud of me and probably a bit pissed at how I bossed the doctors around and made them take care of you - it seemed that you were an old man and they didn't think you'd make it so why try.
    I convinced them to lifeflight you to a burn center. We gathered the troops and made the drive to Atlanta. We even brought your baby Jadaa with us, sneakig her into the hotel and talking about sneaking her into the hospital. Over the course of the next 14 days I was there. DId you hear me talking to you? DId you feel me kiss your forehead and hold your hand? What tiny parts there were that weren't covered in gauze from the burns? Did you hear me whisper how much I loved you over and over again? The doctors commented that your vital signs changed when PJ spoke - indicating that you could hear him and know he was there for you.
    14 long days - 2 surgeries for debridal and grafting. Ups and downs. 10 minute visits every hour.
    I had to leave you to come home, the stress was taking it's toll and I got sick. I called the hospital to tell them I wouldn't be back for a few days to give me a chance to rest. THey told me the doctor wanted to see us. SO the troops gathered again and off we went.
    Monday night - BICU -waiting room. Phrases multi system organ failure - kindeys shutting down. Liver failing. DNR forms... I went to see you again. You were so peaceful - so quiet. Did you know I was there? Did you feel the tears falling on you as I tried so hard to hold it together? You were my Daddy. I couldn't lose you.
    Tuesday morning - I walked into your room one last time. I held your hand, I stroked whatever part of you I could find without bandages. I kissed you. I didn't talk, I just listend to the sounds of the machines and the life goin gon around the hospital. I hated that moment. I knew the truth but didn't want to face it. PJ grabbed me and told me it was time to go. I begged I pleaded I tried to make deals with God. Me for you - whatever. I just wanted my Daddy.
    We made the long trip home in utter silence. I kept thinking over and over in my mind - were you mad at me? Did you know that I left you to die alone? DId you know just how much I adored you?
    4 am wed morning - the phone rang. The fight was over. You were gone.
    John S Szot - father, Papa. friend - you were 85.
    Until we meet again I still love you.
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Oh Sandi,
    I am so sorry you had to lose your father that way.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Ok Mama, I know the title of the thread and the forum it's posted in should have made me have the kleenex ready, but I seriously could have used a "tears will be streaming down your face" warning here........And yes, I have to believe that he heard you and knew how much you loved him.

for your daddy......
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Oh, Mama. I'm so sorry for your loss. No doubt your dad is with you each and every day.
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

Ain't no pain like losing your Daddy.
    Love you, Mama...
    and I am so sorry for your loss and your pain.
    He had to be one helluva guy to have a young'un like you.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Jen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by xgymnst
    I seriously could have used a "tears will be streaming down your face" warning here........
    Me too! I'm so sorry for your loss Sandi, and in such a terrible way.

He raised one amazing daughter, and I'm sure he knew it.

Thanks

to Mama

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Sandi ~ Lola/Red LH ~ Riesling/Cream LH ~ Dooley/Red DD Smooth
    Foster mom for CTDR.ORG

Thanks

Oh my gosh - I am just bawling.... your daddy knew you were there, have no doubts - he felt you there with him. Picture him waiting at the Bridge to welcome the furry friends that you have to send up there. He will be watching for you when it is your turn. Hugs to you -
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly