Thanks

Default So Paula, how was the fundraiser?

Just wondering how Buda of the North went???
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Jen Guest

Yes, how was it?

Thanks

I have not heard how it went, but I was talking to Paula on the phone Friday evening and she had to call me back... something about ALEX and all the homemade treats...
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Jen Guest

Uh-oh! :potty3:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

she lived with many "bodily excretions", I got no sleep (so what's new!) and it went ok...I'll post more with pics in an hour or so. Work just 'sploded in my face this afternoon and am rushing about like a mad thing I hat it when work interferes with the more important things in life!~!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

It went ok...we only got about 24 dogs (and 30+ people ), but since I only threw this together a couple of weeks ago, not too bad!! We actually had more prizes than people to give them too However, we raised $200 for DRNA, and the races were a lot of fun, and people definitely want more!! So we're going to try maybe in August, hooking up with the Atlantic Earthdog Trials.

Here are some pics...

our three recent southern immigrants (Zeus, Happy & Ginger) dressed more appropriately for the weather (it spent most of the day trying to decide whether to rain or snow ) and the fourth, Elvis, who was wearing a big scarf cuz his new mom couldn't find a coat to fit him!

This is Max, the last CDR dog I adopted out before moving to DRNA

The Maritime Earthdog Assn display...and one of our GOOD breeder's foudation sires (who was a HUGE help on the day, and very very supportive of rescue)

And finally......

The Race! (we only had 4 heats, and I was the starting judge, so only 1 pic of them)

All in all, a good day. Alex stayed home and stressed herself out, and made her mother pay and pay and pay and pay and pay......:(
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

:woonana: for the fun fundraiser! Sorry that Alex made you pay for being an --just doesn't seem fair, but I'm sure she's glad you're home now!
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Wow! It looks like a lot of fun! I'm so glad that you raised some $$$ for DRNA. Rescue always needs the extra money. You're an
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Jen Guest

That looks like a great time--and funds for DRNA are always a good thing!