Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Well, it seems we have 2 Earthdogs in the house!

I recently joined the local Earthdog club to become more involved, and to get some outdoor training. For $10 a year, I figured why the heck not?! Anyway, the first trial is next weekend and the club is running it. Today Dan and I went to help dig the tunnels for the trial and for the rest of the season's training.

The boys came along of course, and as expected Reese was a little hesitant at first to head into the tunnel because we've never trained outside, only indoors. But, as soon as he realized the rat was in fact at the end, he went to down. That was the Intro tunnel. We went to the Junior tunnel after and just like a pro, he went right in!! I was so proud. I have no doubt he's gonna do GREAT next weekend.

Well, since Bailey was there with us I decided to show him the rat to see what he's do. HE was a spaz! Reese is very vocal with the rat, barking and biting, but Bailey was quiet. Digging and biting at the rat. He needed a little bit of coaxing into the Intro tunnel as well, but went right in the 2nd time. At the Junior tunnel, the first time, he went in, and backed out, went in, backed out, came out and tried to take a short cut. We worked with him, and in he went! I really didn't think that earthdog would be Bailey's cup of tea, but there he was, getting down and dirty trying to get that rat! After come coaxing I've decided I am gonna enter him in the trial next week!

I am so proud of my boys. Of course they were the only doxies there, but they certainly made me proud, and of course everyone thought they were adorable.
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

Isn't it just thrilling to see them work! Are either of them AKC registered? If you think Earthdog is fun....well Field Trialling is hundreds times more fun.

Also, dogs with a good prey drive usually do great with agility!

Thanks

Woo Hoo - good job boyz !
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

:woonana:

Bailey & Reese!!!!!!!!

Thanks

That is wonderful that they both love it! Good luck next week.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I think having 2 Earthdogs is fantastic. I can't wait for them to get started in competition.

and :goodluck:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

That sounds awesome!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patt
    I think having 2 Earthdogs is fantastic. I can't wait for them to get started in competition.

and :goodluck:
    BIG
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie and Lili's Mom
    Isn't it just thrilling to see them work! Are either of them AKC registered? If you think Earthdog is fun....well Field Trialling is hundreds times more fun.

Also, dogs with a good prey drive usually do great with agility!
    Reese has a PAL listing through the AKC that we recently got. Bailey does have his AKC registration, and I'll need to dig it out of his folder to get the # for his entry.

Reese did so well in our classes, but I didn't know how he would do outside, but he did surprise me. At one point, when we were doing the IQ tunnel kinda piece by piece to get him to realize the rat was there, the woman took the rat cage out and put it on the ground. After I picked Reese up out of the tunnel, she was like, let him see etc. Reese actually bit the cage and tossed the thing around. Poor ratty. lol. And Bailey, I still can't believe it. I was so proud to tell people it was his first ever time seeing a rat, let alone going into the tunnels!

Of course while we were waiting for our turn, they were loudest ones there, screaming and thrashing and making a scene. I do need to get them a martingale type leash/collar thing, because the hugadogs are a PIA to get off and on with one hand while you are holding the dog with your other. But a collar makes me nervous.
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

I can't wait for pics!!! Please tell me there are pics! Sounds like ya'll had an awesome time!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------