Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Scooter Nipped the Neighbor!

I'm kind of upset. This evening after I came home from work, a guy was at the door and told me that one of my dogs bit his grandmother who lives down the street. Jim hadn't told me about it! :mad3: So here I am with my mouth hanging open. I had no idea what had happened. I talked to him for a while. He was very nice and told me that his grandmother had asked him if she should call the police but he told her that he would come talk to us. Thank doG for that. He just wanted vaccination records for him.

When Jim got home I talked to him and we decided to get some Beware of Dog signs for the back fence and the front gate. As it turns out she came up to the fence from the golf course side (not smart) and Scooter jumped up. I'm just upset because people are so freaking weird about law suits and all that c*&p.

I'm also upset because Scooter needs to be worked with and ever since Bogart had back problems and then Sweetums, I'm so run down and tired that I just don't have it in me to spend the time with him that he needs. Now Jim's going to be gone to Atlanta for a week which means I have to spend even more time at the office. I'm battling swollen glands and sore throats everyday as it is and feel like I just need some time off to rest up, but that's not going to happen soon.

I'm almost in tears just because I'm tired and feeling bad and not dealing well with anything right now. I just needed to get this out. Thanks for listening.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Well if you ask me (and you didn't) but it's HER fault!

Dudley's nipped a church goer (their parking lot butts up to my fence) but heck the guy stuck his hand down to try to pet Dudley while he was growling and barking his fool head off. Stupid people! The guy thought it was funny. I on the other hand was not and Dudley got into major trouble (I ran out to see what was going on and saw it).
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Yeah, I kind of felt like it was her fault, too. But people are such idiots. I'm just hoping nothing comes of it.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Good grief! I'm glad they didn't call the police! If I put my hand over a fence, I wouldn't dream of thinking it is YOUR fault. People are so dumb. I think the signs are a good idea.

try to have a relaxing night.
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Here's hoping you get that much-needed rest sooner than you think. Sorry things are so rough right now

I agree with the others--totally her fault, and signs won't hurt none ;)
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    I'm kind of upset. This evening after I came home from work, a guy was at the door and told me that one of my dogs bit his grandmother who lives down the street. Jim hadn't told me about it! :mad3: So here I am with my mouth hanging open. I had no idea what had happened. I talked to him for a while. He was very nice and told me that his grandmother had asked him if she should call the police but he told her that he would come talk to us. Thank doG for that. He just wanted vaccination records for him.

When Jim got home I talked to him and we decided to get some Beware of Dog signs for the back fence and the front gate. As it turns out she came up to the fence from the golf course side (not smart) and Scooter jumped up. I'm just upset because people are so freaking weird about law suits and all that c*&p.

I'm also upset because Scooter needs to be worked with and ever since Bogart had back problems and then Sweetums, I'm so run down and tired that I just don't have it in me to spend the time with him that he needs. Now Jim's going to be gone to Atlanta for a week which means I have to spend even more time at the office. I'm battling swollen glands and sore throats everyday as it is and feel like I just need some time off to rest up, but that's not going to happen soon.

I'm almost in tears just because I'm tired and feeling bad and not dealing well with anything right now. I just needed to get this out. Thanks for listening.

Do not put up Beware of Dog signs. That means you acknowledge they should Be Wary of your dogs. Put up NO TRESPASSING signs. That means....keep your butt off my property and your hands to yourself, and nothing will happen to you. She wouldn't have gotten bitten if she was on her own side of the fence, now would she?

Thanks

She's got a lot of nerve talking about the police when she approached the dogs on YOUR property and put her hands into the fence! Give me a break. I can see wanting to know if he is vaccinated but still...
    Dogs protect their property and although of course Scooter shouldn't bite, it's not like he escaped and attacked her.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    Now Jim's going to be gone to Atlanta for a week which means I have to spend even more time at the office. I'm battling swollen glands and sore throats everyday as it is and feel like I just need some time off to rest up, but that's not going to happen soon.
    Solution: Buy me an :airplane: ticket and I will take care of YOU and the Pupperz. :D

I agree with Jacqueline. Buy No Trespassing Signs!!!!!

Sending you until my plane ticket arrives

Thanks

Hubby already put up Beware of Dogs signs. He told me that she came up and leaned on the fence and Scooter jumped up and he thinks he just scratched her. I'll do some research on it today and see whether we'll leave the signs or not.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Here's what the Snopes message board has to say about liability issues and the Beware of Dogs signs.

Snopes

It appears that BoD sign will not make you more liable. They are not an admittance that you have a vicious dog especially since people that don't have dogs often put them up as a security measure (I had a neighbor once that did that).

DREAM Dachshund Rescue