Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default What types of training have you done with your pupper(s)?

Bailey - Puppy, basic, beginner agility and Click A Trick

Puppy - We got him when he was 10 weeks old so we started him as soon as we could in basic puppy obedience. He did great. I was very surprised because I had been reading about doxies before we got Bailey and heard all the stories about not obey and them being stubborn etc.

Basic Obedience - It was a bit repetitive, so he was the class supahstah, but it worked a lot with distractions. In the first class we had 1 other dog, this class we had like 5 others.

Agility - AWESOME. He loved it. There was a health issue with the instructor so we never did finish (4 out of 6 classes) but we will do it again this summer. I'd like to go through advance agility at some point. The instructor was very impressed with the way Bailey and I worked together and the attention that he paid to me. She said it was obvious that I put a lot of time into working with him. The first time we worked the entire course through, we went second and got and nobody wanted to go after us! That's my boy! Bailey was never afraid of any of the equipment, like the instructor warned us he might be. We never once had to lower a bar or anything for him to make a jump.

Click A Trick - We just finished this one and we did it with DH and Reese. This was just a fun class that we wanted to do. We did however get Bailey to rollover. This was huge. No matter what, I couldn't get him to rollover. Now he does! Yay. We did bow, spin, dance, wave, high-five, crawl.

Reese - Basic and Click A Trick

Basic - As you know, Reese was a rescue. When he first came to us, he didn't seem to know basic commands. I worked with him a bit and got him to sit, stay etc, but thought that it would be a good idea to get him into a class, even if it was just a bonding exercise. DH took him to this class. DH never did as much homework as I would have liked, but he got the commands down and now it's just a matter of repeating them.

Click A Trick - We did this class with Bailey and didn't get as much fun out of it with Reese, but he certainly enjoyed himself. We know that we need to get Reese into a intermediate class setting to get him a bit more up to speed.

__________________________________________________ _________

I am more into it then DH, but I'd love to get Bailey more involved with agility and I think Reese would be great with something like Earth Dog. We'll continue to take our classes and work with the boys. Not only to make them better citizens, but to reinforce the great bond that training creates.

I have to take a picture of our "Wall of Fame" to post. It's funny.
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

Pippit has had:

Basic Obedience: He is also a rescue and doesn't like men or strangers. He did okay with the other people and dogs, but there was one man that he spent two whole classes barking at. He learned what he was supposed to and got 2 awards..."The Most Improved" and "Hardest Worker"

Private training: with his trainer Susan. She is awesome and has helped him with greeting strangers and just trying to be a "regular" dog.

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

Default no classes

We work on sit, stay, outside, come & crate (go night-night) everyday.

We have a regular routine where its all on schedule from 1st thing (5:30am)
    out to potty, come in & night-night til Breakfast (7-7:30am) outside, then commands & play time, night-night til next outside, so on & so on.
    ShadowReesee, Lil' Smokey and Sassy

Thanks

Pogo has had Petsmart basic. Graduated

Pixel basic Petsmart obedience - dropped out (brutal instructor), Agility - dropped out, he was terrified of all the equipment.

This summer Pixel will have to get back into class.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Bailey had basic obedience through a WONDERFUL trainer here in Waco. Next Spring, as in March 2007 we will start agility!!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Teenie had Petsmart basic obedience. She didn't really "get it". I'm still working on housetraining and basic manners with her, but it was free since I worked there, and a good opportunity to ask questions. I've not trained an adult dog, starting so late in life before.

Emma went to the same Basic class over and over, from 11 weeks to a year and a half. She was more advanced than the class (obviously) but it was good practice. Then, I discovered clicker training and started working her on my own, leashless (as opposed to with a choke collar). She improved drastically, and quickly (she haves a "few" issues!).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Bogart did Basic Obedience

Miller and Cash have done Basic Obedience and the Canine Good Citizens class which they both passed! :banana: :banana: Cash with flying colors and Miller by the skin of his nose!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Bella has had no training outside the home. We've worked with her quite a bit since we've had her. She knows sit, down, drop, etc. and her housetraining is 99%. We still think professional training would be a plus to her. If nothing else but for another avenue for socialization. She LOVES dogs and people. :boogie:
    Kelli (Hoomom to Bella & Cooper)

Thanks

Sabrina - from puppy kindergarten class all he way to novice obedience
    Sebastian - puppy kidergarten class to beginner obedience; agility - from Obedience for Agility to our next one which is Skills 1. We have been working in agility for 6 months now
    Sofie - none. Was too sick to be taken anywhere. I am looking at different classes for her
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Buddy took (and failed MISERABLY) the PetSmart basic obedience. The ONLY thing he learned that stuck was "sit, down..." however he does not stay there for too long!! He is my "special" boy and by that I of course mean "in special need of help!!" He's a bit of a spaz and has the attention span of a child w/ ADHD. He is starting to calm down, a LITTLE, so I'm considering giving classes another go this summer.

Heidi has had no formal training. She has anxiety when it comes to other dogs, so PetSmart classes are out, and one on one training is just too expensive right now. She's really NOT a bad dog, doesn't chew on anything that's not hers, unless she's starving for attention (and even then she doesn't actually EAT anything). The only thing we are really working on right now is her barking...ask Karen and Janet and Linsey....she will NOT leave me alone when i'm on the phone!! Bark bark bark!!!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy