Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

HI,
    I'm brand new. I was looking at the forums and saw that other people ahve done agility with their dachshund and I was SO excited! I've been doing agility with one of my dachshunds, Laika, for over two years. We compete regularly but there are seldom any other dachshunds there. I do have one friend with a doxie who does UKC agility and has her championship and she has started doing CPE agility with me. Laika has gotten all her CPE level 1 and 2 titles and is up to level 5 in two events! (there are 5 levels) I just started my other dog, Owen, in agility. He's 3, a rescue I got in september. He loves agility and is so eager to learn.
    I did beginning obedience with Laika, then started agility cuz she loved the equipment. I use the clicker with both of them. We love that clicker...
    I took Laika to a couple earthdog training days. She was nuts....wanted to KILL that rat really bad. It was almost scary....
    Amy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    The only thing we are really working on right now is her barking...ask Karen and Janet and Linsey....she will NOT leave me alone when i'm on the phone!! Bark bark bark!!!
    I had a very nice conversation with Heidi!

We took Casey to Petsmart basic training ( we dropped out, cuz of nasty trainer, and got a REFUND!~~We were in the same class as Pixel)
    Then I decided to train him at home.

I took Sophie to a Wonderful Puppy Training class this last fall and she did Great! I only took her to become more socialable with big dogs and there was plenty of them there! I also took her because of her aggression towards people, especailly Hubby and Brett. She welcomes them with open paws now and turns over to expose her tummy for belly rubs!

I trained her at home too! She never did like to have her paws touched, now she can give a paw!

Thanks

Peaches took Beginner's Obedience twice and Novice Obedience twice. I was going to do Novice a third time, but we took a break and worked from home. If anyone ever needs obedeince support, let me know cuz I went through Hell! We didn't give up and now she is pretty obedient! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Peaches is now in her 2nd Flyball class and also practices with a team every once in awhile. She loves it, but she in nowhere near ready to compete! It is a blast though! :boogie: If you are wondering what Flyball is, check it out here!

Peaches started beginner agility about a month ago. She is doing much better than I ever expected! I thought she'd be afraind of all of the equipment, but she isn't. So, we are having a blast with that too!

John is taking Piper to beginner obedience. They are now in the class for the 2nd time. We are hoping he makes it through to Novice this time! :pray1:
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Puppy Class @ PetsMart
    Clicker Class
    Small Dog Manner Class
    Agility (ongoing)
    CGC prep class

We are now only focusing on agility.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Thumbs up Not sure how to classify my gang.....

All my dogs are trained in basic and some level of intermediate and others are advanced, as in off-leash and water retrieval. I am big on down and sit stay, drop it/leave it and paws off (or on) and leash work.

Dachsies....All have house manners (I am a nasty stickler for all my dogs to have manners) and are potty trained and know some tricks and basic obedience (except L J who is old and could care less ). Since I have been home ill, I have been perfecting my voice commands...the neighbors must think I'm nuts....."Butters! No Humping, L J! House!"

I use "come" when I want them to come to me and "house" when I want them to come into the house. I will create new commands and slowly incorporate them into training of the herd. They, on average, know about 15-20 command words/phrases and nearly a combined 75 nicknames amongst them.

I am slowly teaching Maia the Goober Queen to "Go get Kasey or Duncan' when they decide not to respond to "House" due to the new puppy next door. She's my new enforcer since I cannot walk well. Since she weighs nearly what I do, she takes her "job" seriously.

Not bad, puppers. Not bad at all! :cheer2: :boogie: :cheer2:
    mary, isobel, L J, sara peanut "butters", noah (all lh red-ish dachsies); quincy and sophie (pit bulls); duncan (lab/shep/chow); kasey (aussie shep/collie) and maia: aka...Po (mastiff)

Thanks

mikey d did the petsmart basic obedience class....

he was like the worst student in the class but we stuck with it...after all he had a girlfriend...(sophie a boston terrier) and he seemed to get along ok with other dogs...just not people...

$100 later and he'll sit and lay down for a treat...can get him to stay for all of 3 seconds if i'm still in his sight....

agility training does sound fun though.....

Thanks

Harley - basic training

Max - he's only 4 months old. I will probably take him to basic in the summer.
    Donna
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Mom of Harley & Max

Jen Guest

Tasha passed basic obedience a few months after we got her. Nothing formal since then but I've taught her "bang" "paw" "shake" and a few other things. She is afraid of human strangers and all other dogs, so she spent a lot of the formal class either hiding behind us or trying to escape.

There is a place in my new neighborhood that offers agility, but I worry the other dogs may be too much of a distraction.