Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Distilled water?

A friend of mine will only give her dogs distilled water...and since I am a follower and not a leader ( ), I decided this sounded like a dandy idea and started doing the same...Does anyone know if distilled water is okay to give to our four legged friends. I can't imagine it could hurt...especially knowing what is in tap water. ;)
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

Janet!!!!

:ignore:
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

It is fine, if that's what you want to do. Some people say oh you won't get needed minerals or whatever from distilled but I doubt we get much minerals from tap water. I can't imagine it's a significant source of anything. Unless it's MY tapwater LOL cuz I don't think our water softner works that well so god knows what minerals I drink...iron, sulfer....
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Since we have a well and have been getting stuff in it, I use our britta filter thing on the sink and that is what the boys get water from, that or our filtered fridge. If I am not willing to drink it then I wont give it to my pups.
    Granted some of the stuff I drink, coffee and coke the pups shouldnt have but if i turn my back for a second one of em has their head in my coffee mug or glass of coke , I got some naughty pups!
    [I]Brooke & Barkly Ween angel pups Jake an Oscar♡

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duchiesmom
    Janet!!!!

:ignore:
    Uh oh...what did I do?! :duh:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebmw1975
    Since we have a well and have been getting stuff in it, I use our britta filter thing on the sink and that is what the boys get water from, that or our filtered fridge. If I am not willing to drink it then I wont give it to my pups.
    Granted some of the stuff I drink, coffee and coke the pups shouldnt have but if i turn my back for a second one of em has their head in my coffee mug or glass of coke , I got some naughty pups!
    I have a doggy that has developed a fondness for drinking iced tea and coffee when we turn our backs for even one second. We recently found her standing (STANDING!) on top of the kitchen table and attempting to drink from my glass...:holyshp:

Jen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ebmw1975
    If I am not willing to drink it then I wont give it to my pups.
    Well said. Tasha gets Britta filtered water, just like us humans drink.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Mine drink regular old tap water. If you're concerned about them getting the minerals etc, but not the chlorine and stuff you could buy spring water or drinking water. I use the spring water for tea and coffee and to drink. It tastes better than our tap water.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

My dogs and bird drink spring water. I drink either spring water or drinking water. My dh, whom I often wonder about , drinks distilled water. He can have it. I will not drink it. I am not a steam iron. I will use the local tap water to make coffee, unless I can smell and taste the bleach or algae, and then it's bottled water all the way.

Thanks

I associate distilled water with watching my Mom iron. I had it drilled in my head that was for the steam iron.

I did a search on distilled water and you can read the sites for hours (if your life is exciting like mine). Both sides of the drinking or not drinking distilled water is covered.
    Save the earth. It's the only planet with dachshunds...
    Susie:duh: , Sam and Issy