Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile Charlie Update - Good News!

My little man is home and he sailed through the surgery. It does appear that the teeth were the problem. The neurosurgeon said she did not see any signs of the twitching this morning and I haven't seen it since he's been home. Of course he is still zoned out on meds but I'm very hopeful. They gave me the teeth, OMG they are horrendous, they look like something from an archaeological dig. He never let me pull his lips up to look at them although we brushed them every morning - he would chew on the toothbrush as I moved it back and forth.

I'm so relieved but I also feel really guilty because even though he didn't exhibit any signs of a painful mouth (besides not liking it touched, but he's been like that since I adopted him 6 yrs ago) I feel like I should have picked up on it. I'm usually so tuned in to every sneeze or scratch, I just can't believe it. How could I have missed this!?!

I'm also plenty p***ed off because each and every time I've taken him to the vet for annuals, senior wellness etc I always ask the vet about his mouth and they always say "If he's eating o.k. don't worry about it." So I didn't....and look what my boy had to go through

In any event thank you all for thinking of him and sending and It meant the world to me and Charlie! We're now keeping our that the twitching is gone for good. He's been through 4 surgeries in 6 years and each and every time he comes through like a trooper. He's a tough old boy and obviously has a guardian looking out for him.
    Last edited by doxrox; 08-05-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    Lorrie, mom to Oscar, Charlie (RIP), Jacob (RIP), Heidi Lou Who & Vinnie

What's Up Dox Dachshund Shoppe

Thanks

SOOOO glad he's ok!!! And, although the teeth obviously needed to come out, it does seem strange to me that he was eating and not showing pain so I wouldn't beat myself up about missing that. It still could have been a twitch caused by the Advantage....I prob. wouldn't use it on him again if you can help it...I know it's hard, living where you do. Here I don't have to use anything usually, thank doG and knock on wood!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Good news? Try GREAT news! Sorry his little nommers were hurtin him for so long and no one picked up on it. They can hide pain so well from us till it gets so bad they can't stand it and worry the crap out of us. Blow him kisses from ALL the Anipals:hearts:

Thanks

That is fabulous news !!! He will feel SOOO much better !!! They DO hide the pain so well and he just got used to it..... its done now - GO Charlie !!!
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Wonderful news!!!! More mouth healing on their way and for you. Don't beat yourself up as you asked all the right question and took him in when he showed you something was wrong.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

:appl1: :boogie: :pinknana: :bbanana: Great news! You are a very good mom- you got him the help that he needed. A few more while he recovers. :hearts:
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"

Thanks

Red face

Thats wonderful news. Charlie is home and okey dokey. His teeth could have been effecting his ears which may have made his head twitch a little. Maybe you could use a natural product instead of Advantage for a while. http://www.theholistichorse.com/ Welcome home Charlie!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    Good news? Try GREAT news! Sorry his little nommers were hurtin him for so long and no one picked up on it. They can hide pain so well from us till it gets so bad they can't stand it and worry the crap out of us.
    HUGE SO glad to hear this terrific update!!!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

:woonana: I;m so glad that Charlie is at home and doing well!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

YAY!! I haven't been around for a few days, so I'm kind of out of the loop...so glad you found the cause!!

Lots of and for you and Charlie!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper