Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Sh*ts

Thanks

Mega tummy rays on the way..... poor babies - nothing worse than a tummy ache......

(My Brandy is like Gretchen - she is a product of many breedings and any time I do anything from behind - taking her harness off, or just reaching down to scrach her behind - she whips around to stare at me with a wild look in her eye - I just hate that......)

Let us know how the kids are doing....
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

They didn't have any bugs and Dr. Moore thinks that the food switch, just for 2 meals upset the balance. He said the next time I'm short, come and get the prescription diet from him to tide us over. I fussed a bit because it's made by Purina, and I'm not fond of big company dog food labels. He read me the RIOT act for saying that I've done research on the internet and listened to recommendations made by other dog owners when it came to selecting a dog food. He said if I'm going to do that, go to the vet universities websites and judge it by what they say, not what I got off a blog. He just didn't understand that the info I get isn't from just one or 2 people, and that the rescuers who I've followed advice from have rescued HUNDREDS of dogs. He offered to sell me kennel packs (which he shouldn't resell) but he'd hook me up and I said no, and even argued my belief that the most important thing for a dog food was NO CORN and the first ingredient being meat. I thought that was common knowledge. Told him why I wouldn't feed Nutro, and why I might not go back to that dang store in Slidell. I was a little disappointed in my MADE OF AWESOME vet not respecting my ability to do research.

I may not have done any research regarding Newman's Own brand food because I recall someone on the board here using it and having no trouble. Didn't think it'd upset the systems here that bad.

Thanks

Blurgh. When I had a vet tell me I shouldn't believe what I read on the Internet, I found a new one. You would think of all people, he'd respect that YOU know what you are doing!!

Thanks

Aww! Many for da tummiez.

And EYYYYYYUWWWUHHHHH @ sticking your hand in diarrhea twice! :vomit:

Thanks

!!!!
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Thanks

I'm just going to have to go with what works on this. I trust the dog food analysis website listed here on the DLC, and while I can't quote it word for word, I know that it's not just a blog, and that it's reputable. I'll stand by my dislike of Purina. I can't recall what they did that sucks, but I don't want to buy my big bags of dog food from them.

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Nobody's perfect. . . . but he is awesome, right? My old vet feeds his standard poodles Purina. I wouldn't, but I'm not going to tell him he can't.

I hope the cookies I sent...Newmans, oops??, didn't contribute to the tummy troubles.

You may have picked Gretchen up, but there was no boy doggy humping to follow, so she will just have to understand that it was for her own good. Mega tummy for everyone involved.

Thanks

No, it wasn't those treats, I've given them those before (received them as a gift from another DLCer) Their poos had a distinctive look to them, very similar to the consistency of the dog food. (However, those home made ones from last xmas led the HOA to think that I was a hoarder living in filth when a couple of the dogs couldn't stomach them that day )

Thanks

Tummy rayz.... I love my vet too, but he thinks Science Diet is good food I know it's not so I buy what I feel is better for my kiddos and trust him for their health care. I don't think I can change his mind ,and after all that I have learned here, I know he can't change mine.........but he's still a good vet. I hope your crew is on the mend !!!!
    Ann-Marie and Lulu
    Shelby , Yogi , Sophie & Lucy

Saving just one dog won't change the world...but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    Unknown

Thanks

for all the upset tummys! Why do all vets recommend Science Diet? My vet put Charlie on the k/d years ago. The ingredients are horrible.

Keep us posted on how the kids are feeling!
    Lorrie, mom to Oscar, Charlie (RIP), Jacob (RIP), Heidi Lou Who & Vinnie

What's Up Dox Dachshund Shoppe