Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Dusty, One Year Ago

It was one year ago this weekend that I lost Dusty, the dachshund mix I'd rescued from Stennis Space Center. He gave me a wonderful gift of love, fighting heartworms for a little over a month and he just couldn't fight any more.

You were a sweet little dog Dusty, and I'm sorry your crappy people couldn't be bothered to give you heartworm preventative. I tried so hard to save you but my best just wasn't good enough. You didn't deserve to suffer even for a minute, and you had that wag for me. I knew it was time when you lost that wag and your heart couldn't take it anymore.

Thanks

I am so sorry Andrea, I know time does not heal all wounds. Out of all the people he could have spent his last month on this earth with, it is great that he got to know true love and compassion with you and the Anipals.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

His ashes are on my mantle, right underneath the crittercam. He enables you all to see the lounging that goes on, and all the peeing.

I just wanted to give him so much more, and couldn't.

Thanks

:hearts: such a gorgeous boy :hearts:

I know he is keeping an eye on his mom
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Don't ever doubt that you gave him the world his last month here......you gave him a piece of your heart and for his last month he was loved by the best. I am sorry for your loss and know that handsome man is watching over you....
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Sweetie, never doubt that your best is the best there is. He fought hard to stay with you, but sometimes love just isn't enough (unless, apparently, your name is Alex the Wonderdoggie!). You gave him peace and your magnificent heart in exchange for his poor, battered one. And that IS the best anyone can do. You know he's waiting for you :angel7: and watches over you and the Anipals until then.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Such a handsome boy. :hearts: :hearts: I am sure he knows you did the best you could, and appreciates that his last month wasn't spent alone and outside in the heat.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

You were so good to him, for the month you had him.
    Mom to Gunner and Petunia.
    Always in out hearts--Sir Cedric Waggles-bassett hound

Thanks

While I am not at all a person who believes everything happens for a reason, I do believe each animal that touches our lives is a part of a journey and teaches us something...some lessons hurt a lot more than others.
    You can't doubt that you tried your best and that no one on earth could have done more but he touched your life for a reason. And you gave him a peaceful end instead of him leaving alone and unloved. Maybe that's reason enough...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Andrea, during Dusty's time with you, he experienced love and affection and I believe you gave him so much more than you give yourself credit for. :hearts: There is no doubt that he is watching over you. :hearts:
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"