Thought I would ask to see if ya'll have any ideas.....

My Brandy is a picky eater and there are times, I will get down on the floor with her and make sure she eats. When I had surgery in June and couldn't get on the floor, I tried taking her food to the couch to let her eat up there. I tried it a couple times, and each time that I set her bowl on the couch, she would use her nose and go through the motions like she was covering her food with dirt. One time, a blankie was there and she was nosing the blanket to cover up the food. I couldn't get her to eat - she was obsessed with "covering it up".

Normally her bowl is on the ceramic tile on the kitchen floor and she still is picky and slow, but none of the covering thing.

This is the first winter that I will have the ceramic tile, so I thought I would get a small throw rug for her to stand on and eat. I put her bowl on the rug (on the kitchen floor) and she immediatly started the covering business. As soon as I moved it off the rug, she stopped and starting slowly eating.

The first couple times, I was kind of amazed just trying to figure out why she was doing this.... very strange... Any ideas?