Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex

Hybrid View

Thanks

Oh, Paula. I don't know how to express how sorry I am.

for your heart

Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss. She is an doggy watching over you now.
    Lori

"My goal in life is to be half the person my dog thinks I am"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm so sorry, Paula. Miss Alex is at the Bridge now with Bogart, Sweetums and Michele. They're waiting for us. We'll light for her tonight to help light her way.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I'm so, so sorry. I lit a couple of candles for Miss Alex. They, too, are lumpy and bumpy and shine brightly. :heart1: :heart1: :heart1:
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rileybugg
    I'm so, so sorry. I lit a couple of candles for Miss Alex. They, too, are lumpy and bumpy and shine brightly. :heart1: :heart1: :heart1:
    That really is a beautiful sentiment. There are so many candles shining brightly for Trooper, Martini, Michele, Teddy Bear, Piper (the springer spaniel) and now Alex, they are sure to find their way easily, warmly welcomed by all of those who have filled our lives with love. Be sure to check out the Doggie Drive thru at that new Sonic up there, Alex. I hear there's cheeze sticks on tap.

Thanks

Oh Paula I am so very sorry for your loss....... I hope that soon you will find comfort in the amazing memories that you have of your dear sweet Alex.... I have lit a to honor and celebrate Alex's life here and the love and devotion you shared...

Many hugs and many prayers.

Shared tears,
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

I am very sorry Paula for your loss. She lived a great life with you.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Thanks SO much everyone, for all your kind thoughts, and PMs and calls, and . There is so much comfort knowing that your grief is being held a little bit for you in other people's hearts. It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and the things I am most grateful for are all my friends here and everywhere, and for having the gift of Alex's life for 15 years.

It was a bit of a rough night...the other side of the bed was so empty. But when I got up it was to a beautiful fall day, absolutely perfect. I went to the barn this morning, and then went down to the beach where Alex and I used to walk. There wasn't anyone around, the sea was calm, and it was quite warm in the sun. As I was walking along, I stopped in my tracks because I could hear the noise that Alex used to make when she was in the car and I wasn't...what my friend Cathy called her seagull noises. I couldn't believe it...and then I looked offshore and there was a herd of seals, and the noise was coming from them. One of Alex's nicknames was seal puppy cuz when her ears were both flipped inside out (you know what I mean!), with her big brown eyes, she looked just like a seal. Of course it made me cry, but I was also very comforted, because I know she's still around somewhere, and I think this was a sign. I do know that when I came back home (which I was dreading, cuz the house is SO empty), it didn't feel empty at all...her spirit is here with me. Which, knowing Alex's tenacity, makes perfect sense

As hard as it was, and will continue to be, I know it was time, and I also know she was at peace with it. While I was waiting for Laura to come out (she came to the house, bless her), I sat with Alex on the couch for about 2 hours...she was quite perky at first, and I held her in my arms and we cuddled, and she drifted off to sleep, and never really woke up again except to open her eyes a little bit when Laura came in. She said her goodbyes to me while we were cuddling, with little head butts, and then, to rest.

There will be others, but never another like her. She was and is my heart and soul, for all her loyal, cantankerous, cranky, ailing, stubborn ways. Godspeed, my :angel7: until we are together again. Run free with Rani and Maxe, Aster and Sally and George, and Djinn and your namesake Alex I, and all the others who have gone before and who wait for us.

(This has been a particularly dreadful weekend...my friend Jane lost her horse Shadow very unexpectedly to colic early Saturday morning. for him too...we are mourning together.)
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Paula, my thoughts are with you..... they truly are a gift, aren't they? My thoughts are also with your friend Jane who is suffering as well. I like knowing that you feel Alex's spirit in your home, she is most assuredly watching over her mommy... :hearts:
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

GAH I just saw this...tearing up a bit. Paula, you and Alex are in my thoughts. I am glad her passing was peaceful.