Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    Herman is getting along fine with everyone, even Jethro, who pesters him in the way only a puppy can. He loves sleeping by me in bed, but prefers to hang on his own around the house. I don't think he knows he's allowed to sit with us all. I'll have a lot of time to bond with him over the holiday weekend.

He comes when I call him outside too :D
    Hermie will be nestled right up there with the rest of them on the couch very soon - can't wait !
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Herman is getting along fine with everyone, even Jethro, who pesters him in the way only a puppy can. He loves sleeping by me in bed, but prefers to hang on his own around the house. I don't think he knows he's allowed to sit with us all. I'll have a lot of time to bond with him over the holiday weekend.

He comes when I call him outside too :D

He was more of a loner at my parents house too. But, he'd come running when someone came home or to visit so he could get some lovin'.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frzframe

He was more of a loner at my parents house too. But, he'd come running when someone came home or to visit so he could get some lovin'.
    I was meaning to ask: Was there any special routine that he had while at your parent's home? Like getting a treat when he went outside or something like that? He followed me outside like he was expecting something, and I came in and gave him a cookie and he was happy...but I feel like I'm missing some important routine.

Thanks

I enjoyed seeing 2 frosty faces :hearts: :hearts:

Herman is a real handsome fella :heart: :heart: :heart:

What is his story???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JanUet
    I enjoyed seeing 2 frosty faces :hearts: :hearts:

Herman is a real handsome fella :heart: :heart: :heart:

What is his story???
    Once upon a time, in a land known as Kansas, lived a dog who was kept as a stud. It was not a happy life. The day came as his face grew silver and his production value lessened that he was brought to a shelter, to let them put him to sleep. His mouth stank and his spirit was sad because no one wanted him, and he was a bit crabby. People sucked and that was pretty much what he knew of them.
    Until one day, an overworked rescue Angel named Shonda came in and said "I'll take you. I know of a land where there is a sucker who will take any dog I tell her might be a dachshund. From this day forth, you shall be known as Herman, brother of FRIGGIN DARWIN"
    Herman was doubtful, but went along with it. Shonda took him to a vet where they took out what made him smell, and took away what the other people had valued so much. He got better at a Shonda's mom and dad's house while he waited for that "sucker" he'd been told of.
    Then came the day, a long car ride over the rivers and through the woods, to meet with Andrea, mom of FRIGGIN DARWIN and other assorted Anipals. It was cold in Memphis Tennisee, but the ride back was just fine.
    Herman met the Anipals, even Friggin Darwin who was pretty good and a Big Headed Puppy that Nyarks at him.
    When bedtime came, Herman thought it was a dream, so he did something he'd always dreamed of, asking to sleep in the big bed.
    His wish was granted, and he's living happily ever after:hearts:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

And he will always be happy as all Anipals are :hearts: :hearts:

I had to laugh at the FRIGGING DARWINS
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I was meaning to ask: Was there any special routine that he had while at your parent's home? Like getting a treat when he went outside or something like that? He followed me outside like he was expecting something, and I came in and gave him a cookie and he was happy...but I feel like I'm missing some important routine.
    Not that I know of. He did get hip/joint and skin/coat treats in the evening. If it was during the week he'd get them from my mom and if it was on the weekend he'd get them from my dad. He loved my dad and he got dog food as treats after dinner (he thought it was a real treat though). My dad also taught him not to take off the hand that gave him treats so now he's much better at being nice. Other then that I'll have to ask my mom to see but I highly doubt it.

Oh and he was dumped in the country and was found wondering around. The breeder didn't take him to the shelter a nice couple saved him but couldn't keep him as they are at their limit on keeping dumped dogs.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Well, my rendition was mostly a fairy tale since the breeder had a heart.

Thanks

I :heart1: the sleeping in the big bed part... a dream come true
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barb
    I :heart1: the sleeping in the big bed part... a dream come true
    Me too. You can't believe how happy that made me that he even asked to come up. Stood up there next to Otto who was making his "dammit mom pick me up" noises and I hoisted him right up into the bed, and he slept right beside Dexter's pillow), the long ways by the way, putting Dexter ON my head (which I like, it's like a furry blanket when he rests his head on my ear.)