Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Is there a doctor in the House?

or, Jimmie has a binge day!

I swear, James Jeffrey Romanow is going to drive me crazy. Laura got back from China late Saturday night, and came over for supper last night to show me (some) of her pictures (digital cameras have a lot to answer for...she took over 1000 pictures while she was away). It was the first time she met the J's and :hearts: them...what's not to :heart:?

After supper, I was taking my dish into the kitchen and dropped it. It still had some food on it, and Jimmie moved right in like the good little dachsie he is Unfortunately, clay plates on tile floors = broken plate...a big chip broke off the edge, right in the middle of the food. I went to pick it up, Jimmie snarled at me, then ATE THE FRIGGIN' CHIP!!!! And it wasn't a little one...probably about 3/4" around. Stupid stupid stupid dog. On the bright side, there's nothing quite like having your vet in the house when things like this happen! :D So he got a tablespoon of vaseline, pumpkin and oatmeal made into a paste, on top of his supper, which he'd eaten before this happened, and then a bit more vaseline before we went to bed. Oddly, he gobbled up the vaseline like it was candy .

that it passes through without doing any damage!!! He did poop a bit this morning, but I couldn't see the chip in it (the things we do for our dogs ) Now he's a bit restless, so I'll be on James watch all day. Julie, on the other hand, is a little :angel7: Of course, she is female........
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom
    Julie, on the other hand, is a little :angel7: Of course, she is female........
    It's so funny you say that. In my house, it is total opposite, the boys are and the girls are crazy mischievous :evilgrin0 :evilgrin0

Rayz, everything passes with Jimmie no problem. You KNOW he's in trouble when he gets his full names used :lol:

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

The fun never ends does it?

Sending lots of anti-tummy damage for Mr. Jimmie!!!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks

Good lord. Most dogs just steal stuff off the plate, not EAT THE PLATE TOO! Hoping everything passes smoothly

Thanks

That's scary stuff!! I'm glad your vet was there.

A few years ago my crew knocked a glass of milk off of the table while I was gone. They drank all of the milk and ingested the glass shards that was broken on the floor.

My vet had me feed each of them 4 cotton balls soaked in milk. The shards of glass bound to the cotton balls and voilla! Cool, huh?

Thanks

ewwww. hope it all "comes out all right"
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Yikes! That's carrying 'doxie-ism' to the extreme. However, I could see it happening in my house.

You are in trouble when mom uses your middle name. That's why Scooter had to have one. Now when I'm mad I yell "Scooter Ray".

Sending for Jimmie.

Just remember This Too Shall Pass. At least we hope so
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Uh-oh! It's amazing what a doxie will eat! I think I would rather he ate poop or something like that!
    Sandi ~ Lola/Red LH ~ Riesling/Cream LH ~ Dooley/Red DD Smooth
    Foster mom for CTDR.ORG

Thanks

Goodness gracious Jimmie - you are such a terror. Thanks goodness for Mutters and best friend vets.

Keep use posted.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Oh Paula - sorry I had to giggle..... the antics are starting !!! Awesome that Laura was there - good to know what to shovel down them quickly !!! Sending that the piece comes through quickly and you are able to find it :duh:
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly