Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

I"m so happy to hear that Pogo made it safely out of surgery and will be OK!!!

:woonana:

I'm still very confused as to how quickly this happened. I never saw any old posts about him having any back trouble.

I've been thinking now and very worried about my Heidi, she is still on the chunkier side, and we have really scaled down her food. She has to eat apart from Princess or she eats all of Princesses food, Heidi only gets 3/4 cup a day of kibble.

She had some minor pain a few months ago and we don't really know what happened, she was whining and limping and we thought she just jumped funny off the couch or something and gave her baby aspirin and crated her for several days and then she was fine and acted like nothing happened at all.

I think I Need to get those doggies stairs now for the furniture,, we just bought brand new furniture a few weeks ago and it is a lot higher than our old couch which was very low to the ground.

I'm getting nervous about all the back trouble happening here to all the puppers on the DLC

But now I wonder if we should get an X-ray of her back to see if there is any kind of disc degeneration going on, she will just be 4yrs old in February

Thanks

Pogo hasn't shown any previous signs of back trouble. He was developing a curve in his spine (much higher up from where he went down) so we have been bringing him to a chiropractor every 6 weeks, just to keep him level.

I know it seems like we have had a lot of IVDD cases but in 3 years (how long the DLC has been around) comparing all the puppers that are on this board vs. those with back issues I think our percentage is pretty good. Kim said it great, they just aren't Engineered very well. But what are you going to do? We are all suckered in by those faces, long bodies and widdle legs and great doxie kisses. :hearts:

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

holy sheep dip. I am gone for two days and we have drama!! to Pogo and his hoo-parents. Glad to hear he is on the mend.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Just spoke to the Vet Student that is assisting on his case (her name is Linsey - that's a good sign right there). He is doing GREAT! He is eating like a little piglet (that's my boy). He is on lots of pain meds, but she thinks he is crying because he is lonely. So she goes and visits whenever she can and pets him and he settles down.

He is going to go for an assessment this afternoon with the surgeon and I should hear more around 8:00 tonight.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

yay!!!!! continued improvement and another to the 'rents.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Atta boy, Pogo. You tell them that you need more attention.

After his dental surgery, Bogart told them all in no uncertain terms that he wanted out of that crate NOW :ashamed: They were all laughing about him when I went in to get him and I could hear him back there barking.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa
    Just spoke to the Vet Student that is assisting on his case (her name is Linsey - that's a good sign right there).
    Spelled my way and everything?? Cool! That IS a good sign! We Linseys without the d are special.

Yay! For the awesome update!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Great updates. More
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

I've been afk for a couple days and missed all this. I'm sorry I couldn't offer my rays and support earlier. My heart jumped when I saw the subject.

I'm glad that the news has been good. Even though they're late, I'm adding all the rays and hugs I can.
    Willow and Cocoa

Thanks

I think we've said it a few times, but an x-ray doesn't mean anything. Most doxies will show calcifications or irregularity in the spacing of the vertebrae that could mean a disc is degenerating, or it may not. Discs do not show up on x-rays.
    The only thing that really shows the discs is an MRI or Myelogram..I dunno about a cat scan...
    Those tests are very expensive and the dog must be put under for them....plus what will do you anyway????
    I would get ramps not stairs for the furniture. They aren't supposed to do stairs. And certainly get the weight off. The people at the place where Laika's surgery was done were amazed at her slimnesss- they did say that the majority of doxies they see are fat. But not all. Thinness obviously is not
    protection against IVDD. Laika has never been overweight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I"m so happy to hear that Pogo made it safely out of surgery and will be OK!!!

:woonana:

I'm still very confused as to how quickly this happened. I never saw any old posts about him having any back trouble.

I've been thinking now and very worried about my Heidi, she is still on the chunkier side, and we have really scaled down her food. She has to eat apart from Princess or she eats all of Princesses food, Heidi only gets 3/4 cup a day of kibble.

She had some minor pain a few months ago and we don't really know what happened, she was whining and limping and we thought she just jumped funny off the couch or something and gave her baby aspirin and crated her for several days and then she was fine and acted like nothing happened at all.

I think I Need to get those doggies stairs now for the furniture,, we just bought brand new furniture a few weeks ago and it is a lot higher than our old couch which was very low to the ground.

I'm getting nervous about all the back trouble happening here to all the puppers on the DLC

But now I wonder if we should get an X-ray of her back to see if there is any kind of disc degeneration going on, she will just be 4yrs old in February
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue