Hybrid View

Thanks

Default I found a Groomer- Whoo Hoo!!!!!

I am so excited this morning I think I have finally found a great groomer in my neighborhood!! I was on the train this morning talking to a train friend and she was telling me about her groomer that does her yorkie-poo for only $28 haircut, nails dremeled, bath, ears, anal glands, all for $28

The woman does this out of her home, she has Newfoundlands that she shows professionally and has her grooming business on the side.

I called her just now and explained that I was going in for a hysterectomy on Tuesday and desperately needed to get Heidi and Princessed groomed before my surgery and she is squeezing me in on Monday morning. With the snow coming up and Heidi's very long feathering on her tummy and legs it is very hard to clean her up after coming in from the snow. All of us longhaired owners know about this...

Well, Heidi has extremely long feathering unlike Princess, and Heidi can accumulate at least a couple pounds of snow on her when she is outside.

So I talked with the groomer and she is so nice, she is going to shave Heidi's underbelly and legs like a shorthair and trim Princess down just a bit as Princess does not have the problem like Heidi does. She will also give them a bath, nails and ears and anal if needed all for $25 each. A bit less because they don't need a full haircut like the other type of dogs.

This was weighing on me like you could not believe, because I have been having a hard time finding a reasonable groomer for the girls. All the other places in the area I have contacted want to charge me $45-55 to groom them even though they are NOT getting full haircuts like other dogs that have to have their entire body cut. I just could not afford that. I would ask them why they would charge the same amount for a doxie compared to a poodle or bichon or Shiz zu when they were just bathing and doing ears and nails. This was before I even decided to start having Heidi's underbelly and legs trimmed down. I could not believe that they wanted to charge me the exact same price and girls were not even getting their hair cut at all, just the bath, nails and ears. I felt this was a rip off. I used to do all their own grooming myself until my allergies started acting up when grooming them, in the winter and colder months when I have to use the blow dryer to dry them I started wheezing badly so I had to start paying someone to groom them in the winter months, but I was appalled at the prices they wanted to charge me when I was not even getting their hair cut.

So, needless to say that I am so to find a groomer that will actually shave Heidi's underbelly and legs and do all that other stuff for just $25.

Thanks

Red face

Holy Cow. It usually costs 15.00 just to get the nails clipped. She sounds nice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

It's probably more of a time and space thing. The clipping is a small and not that time consuming part of the grooming for a good groomer. The bathing, nails, ears, anals, etc are all done for all dogs. Long hairs still have to be brushed out and dried and have their feet done with scissors which takes some time to do correctly. Also, some groomers want to have all the dogs there in the morning for bathing and grooming and they are there most of the day. Often there isn't a 'late shift' so a space to be groomed is a space to be groomed and so they charge the same amount for everyone to reserve a space. If they didn't do that THEY would lose money by doing partials so why would they do them? It really depends on how they work. They also have overhead if they are in a storefront that they have to cover.

This woman has no overhead and can afford to do the grooming cheaper that way. If you aren't having to have them done a certain times, it will probably work out fine. She may be gone a lot for showing which would, of course, mean that she could not groom your dogs. As long as you are flexible, it should be great.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Very good points Patrice. But glad you found a great deal $$$ to do what you want for what you want to pay.

Thanks

Awesome find !!!! And well worth the peace of mind you will have while recovering !
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly