Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

1199 N. Terry Street, #344, Eugene, Oregon 97402
    Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss. And so suddenly ... Your are in my thoughts.
    Oscar 05/01/2000 - 12/05/12
    Otto 02/29/2000 - 05/12/2010
    Rikka 07/11/2004 - 06/18/2013
    Axel 03/31/2009
    Diablo RIP Evil Kitty
    Rudi 11/06/2017

Thanks

I'm am so sorry for yours and Todd's loss. My thoughts are with you and Tyrone.
    Sandi ~ Lola/Red LH ~ Riesling/Cream LH ~ Dooley/Red DD Smooth
    Foster mom for CTDR.ORG

Thanks

I am so sorry, Laura
    Hoomom to Cricket ~ Red Smooth 'tweenie'

Thanks

Unhappy Tyronne.........

I am so, so sorry. My heart hurts so much for Tyronne & for you. Once the shock wears off just a little, I think you should really investigate what exactly was done to him at the vets. & follow up on it. Sadly, it won't bring sweet Tyronne back but it might save another person the grief you are now going through. Again, you are in my thoughts & prayers; as i'm sure you are with all of us here at DLC. God bless.

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out & your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

Thanks

HI all. Thank you for your kind words. I did speak with the vet today. I told him that it would have been professional of him to have called me a few hours after we went home. Tyronne was not doing well when he left, maybe he should not have even gone home at all, but regardless, he could have checked in with me. I could have reported what I was seeing and he could have prompted me to go to emergency. Instead, I called emergency only to have them tell me his panting was normal. Well.. it was not and he was dead 20 minutes after that call. The vet agreed that he could have called and checked on Tyronne. We went over and over every thing. He told me Tyronne was agitated before he went on the table. I wish he had not gone ahead and put him under. I wish a lot of things. I want to go back in time and not take him there at all. But I cannot.

The more I feel the weight of this grief, the more I realize that I cannot bear it alone. I am grateful to you all.

I guess every once in awhile, we have these moments where we realize just how very precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.

I think grief in whatever form can do one of two things. It can close us down, make us afraid to love again out of fear of experiencing the immense pain that comes with loss of that love. Or it can make us open even more to love since it is so precious, since it’s really all that matters in this life. I find myself questioning my own life, questioning what is really important.

How much can we open our hearts to all of the pain and pleasures that this life gives to us? How deep can we sink ourselves into the beauty of everything that surrounds us? And how can we deal with the painful realities of loss and disappointments without shutting ourselves off from everything else?

These are the things I ponder as I mourn the loss of my best friend.

more later,

Laura
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this devastating news. My deepest condolences.
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

Thanks

Many to you during this awful and difficult time. My most heartfelt condolences. I have a candle lit for Tyrone.
    Lorrie, mom to Oscar, Charlie (RIP), Jacob (RIP), Heidi Lou Who & Vinnie

What's Up Dox Dachshund Shoppe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laura

I think grief in whatever form can do one of two things. It can close us down, make us afraid to love again out of fear of experiencing the immense pain that comes with loss of that love. Or it can make us open even more to love since it is so precious, since it’s really all that matters in this life.
    This is very true, although it's too bad we have to experience grief to learn how precious it is. I hope this will have the latter effect on you, and I know Tyronne would feel the same way.

Continuing to keep you in our thoughts and sending
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Oh, Laura. My deepest condolences are with you.

Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Thanks

Laura,

I am so very sorry for your sudden loss!

It is almost one year since my Pokey passed away from a very obvious medical condition that all the vets somehow overlooked. I can't say that I know what you're going through, but I can say that every month the pain hurts a little less. The DLC was AMAZING and provided me with so much comfort and strength. We are here for you!

Now that you've had a chance to replay the scenarios in your head, I want to give you a gift. It may not work right now, but hopefully in time. My gift is something my mother said to me right before she died suddenly from a very obvious medical condition (years before I lost Pokey), "Promise me this: no guilt, no regrets." She meant it in the context of our time together as a family. I think Tyronne would wish the same for you.
    Adopt a Senior!

-Renée and Pokey (1992-2008)