Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Octuplets

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I just read on Yahoo news that some doctor had given this woman fertility treatments If you've had 6 kids close together like she has (7,6,5,3 and 2 yo twins) I don't think you have a fertility problem. :duh: :duh:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox

I guess we should get ready to be paying to raise those kids, too.
    Naaahh.. She'll have a reality show by Fall and Oprah will take care of her until then.

Thanks

I agree, weren't 6 kids enough? :holyshp: It's not like she couldn't get pregnant and this was her only chance to have kids.

Thanks

I'll take them over 14 kids anyday!

Iris (Jack's Mom, valet and cook)

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

I'll take them over 14 kids anyday!

Oh yeah, give me the anipals. Even if they ALL decided to pee and poop indoors, it would be less of a mess than cleaning up after all those kids. And those times when they all get sick and throw up at the same time? I nearly killed myself running between the bathrooms, one upstairs, one down, when my two got the flu.

I think that these women, and of course, thier insignificant others, need serious mental therapy. I think having these shows of the ones are raising 16 to 17 kids doesn't help, either.

I feel for this woman, her kids, and all the people in her life who will have to deal with them. I guess it would be unkind to hope that they are both sterile from now on?

My aunt and uncle had 8 kids, but they supported them all on their own. Each kid had chores and obligations. And I loved going out to stay over with them. They knew they were loved, and their parents spent lots of time with them. But what would it be like with 14, 16, 28? Insanity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wawailc
    Why on earth would a single woman want 14 kids. I heard she used fertility drugs. Why would a doctor give a single woman fertility drugs.
    My cousin in law and I were talking about this. Give me five minutes with that doctor.
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown

Thanks

I knew a family that had 11. they were all wanted and there were no twins, etc

But if you have 6...and you are having problems conceiving more...what about all the kids out there who don't have families and are up for adoption. Some people don't want to adopt because they want the experience of carrying a baby. i can understand wanting your own, but if you have had 6, you have crossed that bridge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doxyzoo
    I just now heard on the news that the woman who gave birth to 8 babies on Monday already has 6 children and is single and living at home with her parents.
    She is NOT single she is living at home while her current husband is in IRAQ. With that said - that sure is a lot of kids any way you look at at.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda
    She is NOT single she is living at home while her current husband is in IRAQ. With that said - that sure is a lot of kids any way you look at at.
    I don't think he is in Iraq cuz he's in the service, I believe he is from Iraq as the news article said the grandfather is planning to go back to his native Iraq to earn money to help care for the family.
    But it's possible I suppose that he is in the service...
    It would seem they must have some money cuz she has invitro which is not cheap and I sincerely doubt any insurance company would pay for that for a woman with 6 children..but who knows.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    But if you have 6...and you are having problems conceiving more...what about all the kids out there who don't have families and are up for adoption.
    I doubt she was having trouble conceiving since she has twins that are 2 years old. I just don't get the whole thing. The doctor should have his license taken away for malpractice in the least. She should have been referred to a psychiatrist.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue