Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Rigby's Class Number Two

Rigby started out the night on a good note. She greeted last week's dogs with submission/curiosity (yay!) but a new addition- a big, adorable chocolate lab pup (my second favorite breed/color)- made her very, very angry. She just hates labs. As soon as he came within a foot of her blanket (yes, she has a blanket while everyone else sits on the cold floor) she would bark and growl and show her teeth.

Genius trainer lady then shot her with water from a water bottle. That would be fine if she were barking at home, but it was just too much for poor Riggers. She was a very unhappy camper the rest of the class.

She did the tricks/commands well, though. She is smarter than I give her credit for, I think.

The BIGGEST, BESTEST change, however, was the way she greeted Max, the other dachshund in the class. SHE LOVES HIM!!! She was rolling and peeing submissively at first, then all class she cried and cried until she could reach him and greet him.

So, Rigby might have a boyfriend!!!:hearts: She appears to like longhaired guys!!!
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Thanks

Well, at least she may have made a connection~just in time for Valentine's Day!!!

I can't believe the trainer got her with the water! I'm sure Rigby will come around as the weeks go by.

:banana: Good job, Rigby~doing all your tricks with that lab nearby!

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

Bailey prefers smaller dogs too...

Great job in class, Rigby!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Oh~Tracy, I have to tell you that when I first read the post title, I thought Rigby did #2 during her class!!!!

Mom to Dachshunds: Pippit, IzzyBean and Calli

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PippitsMom
    Oh~Tracy, I have to tell you that when I first read the post title, I thought Rigby did #2 during her class!!!!

Nope- she did submissively pee, though!
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Nancy Guest

good girl rigby! sounds like she is making progress!

Thanks

Laika dislikes bigger dogs and especially puppies and especially labs and goldens. I think they are often kinda "rude" dogs. Overly friendly. It's appropriate for a small dog to growl if a bigger dog comes bouncing up to it. It's a warning...
    I don't like how Laika is with other dogs but we deal with it. I used to get really upset but then my instructor gave me this article to read that made it all make a little more sense.
    http://www.newhopecattledogs.com/for...20SAY%20HI.pdf

She likes other dachshunds though :-) We just don't meet many at agility...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia
    Genius trainer lady then shot her with water from a water bottle.
    This is precisely why Sandi does NOT need to try and do any classes with the herd. Bond aint cheap.
    GOOO RIGGERS!! you have Nana's permission to pee on da stoopid lady's foot next time You are such a good girl!!!
    sandi
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

Yay for improvements! Every little step counts. Not to mention a boyfriend for Rigby. ;)
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks

Glad to hear she s improving. Isn't it the best encouragement to ontinue working with them.

Our agility instructor said that people stop coming to class when they do see improvement in their dog. Most of the time the lack of it s owner's fault though. Practice and practice!
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.