Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Dog Affection and Trust

Someone told me that the highest expression of love or trust a dog can show is offering his or her muzzle to you. Don't know if it's fact or crap, but I'd like to hear just how your puppers show their affections or trust to you. Should've posted this on Valentine's Day, but oh well. Bring on the Public Displays of Affection:hearts:

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Taffy leaps at you and kisses like crazy (sometimes poking us in the eye). Mindy walks up on your chest and lays her head on your heart :hearts: :hearts: you can see the love in her eyes.

Daisy is a cuddler. She crawls up as close as she can get, and then stands upright, laying her head on your shoulder and kissing. She is my big baby, and gets treated that way, often. She also will climb in our laps and press her forehead against ours.

And sometimes, all three will mug us with kisses at the same time.

Thanks

OMG! I love their jackets! Did you make those? They are sooo cute.

Thanks

Hmmmmm. let's see......

Brandy is my love bug... as soon as my hiney is close to sitting down, she is right there and will jump in my lap and face me. Sometimes she will just look at me, and other times she goes crazy kissing. Much sweeter kissies now that she had her dental

Rudy is not super affectionate.... but he HAS to be by mommy when we go to bed. He will curl up behind my knees, or close to my tummy. When we snuggle on the couch, he curls up between my legs and will whine at me if I don't cover him properly :D

Toby is such a funny boy.... so exuberant !!!! Trying to stop this behavior, but it is really cute - when you are standing up - he will run up to you and just leap straight up in the air, pawing at the same time. He is a big armful when holding him (almost 20 lbs !!!), but he is a good hugger, and when he finally calms down, he just melts into you. In the big bed, he usually stretches out along my side and stays there all night. I wake up in the morning sweating - he puts off a lot of heat !!!
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Bailey is pretty picky about who he kisses, so when he kisses you, its a very special thing. He loves to snuggle up at night, and sometimes, like now, he likes to lay on my legs while I'm on the computer.

Radley just loves to be close to you. All the time.

Piper gives a full body lean... when she puts the ball down. She's a sucker for a belly rub, too.
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Otto does the 'cover your face with his' move.
    Buddy will wag his entire rear end and breathe on you softly.
    Dolly snorts as she kisses you,and the sigh.
    Pearl will come and stand by you, wagging.
    Austin will stand on his back legs as best as he can (which isn't very easy for him) and ask you to pet him. He's not shower, but he's a taker. That's how he gives his love and trust.
    Darwin stands on his hind legs and kind of dances with me, and wants me to bend down do hug him.
    Dexter isn't a licker, but he will put his lips so close to your mouth you could smell his breath.
    Scooter is another taker, asking to be touched. Pawing at you.
    Daisy May will rush up to you and stick her tongue up your nose.
    Rusty gets very excited, dancing with excitement at the prospect of you holding him in your arms. He comes very close to saying "i love you"
    Cassie, my sweet shy girl who will defend me with her last breath is a kisser. Stinky Cassie Kisses.
    Freydo, is made of pure love. Holding him in your lap, with his head on your heart, if you've never known true pure love, you know it when you look into his eyes. Little kisses on your lips, just the sweetest of dogs. He is what you hope for when you open that box of valentine's day chocolates.
    Willard Weener, he gives you NOMMY NOSE. He is so shy and bold about it at the same time. Afraid of the possible rejection, but unable to contain his feelings.
    Rue, he just glues himself to your side or gives you his 'gentleman' kisses.
    Al, he places the side of his head over your nose and lips.
    Jethro, gives you snotty slobbery all over your face kisses with wild abandon.
    Herman, he just sits very close to you.
    Rolfe, glued to your side, following you from room to room, step by step, looking up at me with those big round eyes.
    Trudy, she's a jealous lover. She wants to rule my lap. She's a snuggler.
    Eduardo, while being the international dachshund of mystery and shunning most usual displays of love has been photographed keesing me on the leeps. When he sat behind my head and snuggled, that was a big thing for him.

Thanks

Charlie keeses and keeses and burrows his face into you.

Bailey makes little grunts and covers your face with his face.

Geoff rubs her face in your hair.

:hearts:

Thanks

Awwwww lots of lovies from the Anipals...don't forget that Herman ALSO holds the ladder for you
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Laika and Salsa are big kissers. But Salsa will only kiss Rob and myself, so it prob. is affection and trust. Laika, she'll kiss about anyone. Owen only kisses me and he only started about a year ago. Now he sometimes kisses my friends. And for some reason, the woman who works at Pet Supplies Plus. He must figure she has the good stuff. She did let him steal an old christmas cookie out of a sale bin and eat it.
    While Salsa and Owen always vie for attention and are always climbing on me, Laika is more independent. But I can see her love in her shining eyes. It's hard to explain. She knows how much I love her and she trusts me to not only fulfill her basic needs, but to go out of my way to make sure she gets to do what she need/wants/loves. She's such a busy thing and a bit obsessive but she gets such sheer pleasure out of her silly activities like the laser pointer and the other various odd things she loves to do. Like I'll give her the top from a pop bottle and she has this silly game she plays, squeezing it sideways in her jaws and making it pop out so she has to run and pounce on it. Teaching her new tricks...they all love that but Laika has some she does best. In the morning when she just has to lay on my head and lick my EYEBALLS and is so excited that I'm getting up...I think that means she loves me.
    Owen has changed sooo much since I got him. His confidence is so touching to me. When he is demanding of attention, it just melts my heart cuz he was such a shy and timid and unassuming dog. NOw I know he knows he is loved unconditionally. Salsa...she's sweetness and drama and so expressive you KNOW what she is thinking. And her stinky tongue up your nose or in your mouth and her gurgling like a drip coffee maker...I think that's her love.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Oh yeah. Bob drools when he's filled with love. Isn't that SPECIAL?
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue