Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default The J's Embrace Winter

Or...if you can't beat it...!

The J's had serious doubts about this snow stuff when it first arrived, but now that it's been here for a bit, they've decided that it's not so bad, especially when you can walk on top of it!

Or RUN!! James is SO enjoying being outside!

Jules is a bit more tentative about the whole thing...

But they're now quite happy to go out there! (And they HATE wearing their blankies...would actually rather be out nekkid )

And of course, when they're done, there's lots of place to lie in the sun and relax! (beware the hypnotic power of Julie's eyes! :hearts::hearts: )
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Such wonderful pics Paula!!!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Please give the J's a big hug (and a warm blankie) from me!!!
    Tex, loyal servant to...

-----Julie----&------Jax------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Awwww, the J's look like they are settling in so well. :hearts: :hearts:

Years ago Pebbles was like that about wearing anything. She always seemed to be cold so I crocheted her this really cute hoodie sweater. I got it done and it was so cute. I put it one her and took her for a walk. She walked 2 foot behind me with her head and tail down I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. As soon as I took the sweater off, up came the head and tail and she trotted off. That, by the way, was the first and last time that I put a sweater on her.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

They are looking SOOO good. I'm so glad they are with you...hope things have gotten a lot easier with them. I think it's wonderful they are getting to be real dogs, doing dog things and having a more interesting and better life!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by areese
    They are looking SOOO good. I'm so glad they are with you...hope things have gotten a lot easier with them. I think it's wonderful they are getting to be real dogs, doing dog things and having a more interesting and better life!
    They really are turning out to be good little dogs. The housebreaking is about 70% there (unless the weather's bad, then all bets are off! ) They've both actually started to ask to go out, although I have to pay attention, cuz they only ask once! But still...HUGE progress!!! Jamie has learned to pee when I tell him "go pee" Unfortunately, he does it on the veranda, but what the hey! it washes off. Jules is about where she needs to be weightwise, although James still has a few pounds to go...he's deceptive cuz he's got SO MUCH loose skin. (My grandfather used to say that our dachsie Rani who we had when I was a kid, wasn't a dog but a glove, because of her loose skin )

James still has the occasional episode of losing it...yesterday he got too close to Jules eating her breakfast in her crate and went ballistic at her when she growled at him...thank god he couldn't get at her cuz he would definitely have attacked. Redirecting him when he gets like that really works though (with his ball, and if that doesn't work, then with a bit of food bag rustling). As long as I stay calm around him, he comes out of it fairly quickly. I'd love to know if he was like this with his late mom...

Some days, I admit that I kinda wish I was dogless (usually after they've been up and down all night ), but most of the time, I am SO glad they've come into my life :hearts::hearts::hearts: I do think Alex sent them my way, but whether it was her revenge, or her good heart, I'm not sure!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom
    They really are turning out to be good little dogs. The housebreaking is about 70% there (unless the weather's bad, then all bets are off!
    Well, of course, they ARE dachshunds. Mine only need a bit of rain to use as an excuse to pee in the house or garage. The way I feel about the garage is 'at least it's outside' You take your victories where you can.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Paula - the kids look awesome !!!!! Fun in the snow....then cuddling in the blankie and sun.... Ahhhhhh- the J's are livin' the life
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Paula...I just love the pics and seeing how they are progressing! :love9: :hearts: :love9: :hearts:
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

They look fantastic. What a great set of pictures, made my heart all warm and fuzzy. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

:awww:Running with Jethro ears:hearts: They look so good! And I'm willing to bet they were just as rotten around food time with their former Mom, but she tolerated it and the husband didn't. I for one am happy you are not dogless. Love seeing them.