Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Thumbs up James Jeffrey is a STAR!!!

James HATES having his nails done...gets all bitey and growley and very very nasty. If you remember, they were incredibly long and twisting and he was having trouble walking when he came. They were trimmed back when he had his dental, and then cut REALLY short when he had his tummy op. But they were getting long again, and he was NOT pleased about getting them trimmed. So I took him into our local groomer (who's terrific!!!) and asked her to do as much as he was comfortable with. She worked
    V E R Y slowly clipping little bits off each toe, and he was a STAR!!! Not all that thrilled, and very watchful, but she got his two back feet and half of one front foot done before he started to shut down. So we stopped and gave him tons and tons of praise. I'll take him in again next week and we'll just do as much as he can handle again. What a good good boy :hearts::hearts::hearts: Jules got hers done too, which are really difficult cuz they curve down like talons almost from the foot. She was her usual wonderful little self and also got tons of praise, especially cuz neither one had ever been to a groomer's before, I'm guessing. I just :love9: these little guys...it is SO cool seeing them discover the world and trust me!!! :love::love::love:
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

YAY, that is huge progress.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Wow, that is so great! Maybe I need to take Miller, whose eyes roll back in this head when you try to clip his nails, to your groomer.

I"m so glad the J's are doing so well. I know that James has been a trial, but it sounds like he's slowly improving. They've been thru a lot of changes this past year. It's so great that they are learning to trust you :hearts: :hearts:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

What a great groomer!! I bet it will be easier next time and soon won't be a problem at all! YAY James!!!!! Whatta guy!!! And Julie too, of course!!!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Awwwwwwwww, tis heartwarming to see them come out of their shells...and make mommy proud :heart:
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Red face

She has the magic touch! Good boy James Jeffrey! I am very proud of you:hearts: . You will be extra handsome when your nails are short and girls love well groomed paws!

Thanks

What a super good boy James Jeffrey is and what a great job your groomer did .

I think I will take that pearl of wisdom and apply it to my 3, asI need to be able to clip their nails by myself and none are thrilled about the process, so even if it takes a week, if a do a few nails a night I can get them all done myself.
    [I]Brooke & Barkly Ween angel pups Jake an Oscar♡