Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Brought Tyronne home today. (in a box)

Sorry to sound so morose in my title, but dammit, I should not have had a friggin BOX with my dog's ashes in it...I should have had him in his car seat with his head out the window, starting to get all excited the closer we got to home. Today I am all wigged out again. I found a few pics of him from an older computer.
    [IMG][/IMG]

What a beautiful, HEALTHY, dog!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks

Laura, I am so sorry this happened to you. I am not sure if there can be resolution for your broken heart. Tyronne had the best life with you, Todd and your family.

He was a very handsome, special boy, and I am glad we got to know him through you. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I am so sorry. It's okay to sound morose. It sucks.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

I hope the box you got wasn't smirking. (stoopid cat tins)

In all seriousness, there may have been a hidden health issue that was ticking away. You can try to blame someone, but it doesn't bring Tyrone back, and only hurts you in the process. I would've loved to have some reason as to why Michele died so suddenly. Why didn't she tell me she was going to? So many times I've just blown off barfing for a day. I wasn't going to blow it off, I was just waiting for the vet's office to open. She couldn't wait that long, and I had no idea.
    So many easy ways to place the blame, but it does no good, and she certainly wouldn't want me dwelling on 'what could have been' like some ghey Tiffany song from the 80s. I am in no way telling you to get over it. I am not over what happened to Michele. I just placed her picture on the mantle the other day, in tears. All we can ask, and I think all that Ty would want is for your heart to heal and never blame yourself. You didn't create a bad reaction to the drugs, and you didn't place him in any more danger than you would've doing any mundane task.... It simply was an accident of chemistry, and we will cherish the short time we got to enjoy your boy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I agree with Andrea. Knowing the why's of life doesn't change what is. We do our very best for our little ones, but it doesn't always work out like we want. The blame game only hurts us and turn healing into bitterness.

There very likely was some small hidden problem just like the teen athlete here who died. He was a seemingly healthy boy who had a heart attack and died while playing basketball. They found a small heart defect that had gone undetected until that day.

I can't even imagine losing a doxie the way you did. for you and Todd.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Laura, Noothing I can say will bring him back or even heal a broken heart. For what ever rason his purpsoe on life he with you was gone.

My only advice is to place all of his sweet memories in your heart and smile ever time you think of the joy he brought to you.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

I guess it is still hard for me to accept that I took him there, I put him in that situation and then whatever happened, be it over anethtisised (sp) or a bad mix or a blood clot or whatever. My intellectual mind understands what both andrea and patrice stated. My emotional mind is all over the dial with messed up feelings.
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Laura
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Laura, I've lost animals in this manner (horses, cats) and I totally get how you feel. There really aren't any words that can speak to your heart, not your head. You just have to endure, and it will lessen as time goes by, but maybe never completely go away. And know that of course we're here whenever you need us.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Laura,
    I cannot imagine how broken your heart feels now. I only got to meet Big T for like an hour, I remember petting him in Lee Ann's yard and he flopped over and let me love on him. Such a sweet, giving soul.

for you and Todd.
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown