Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Amy, Alex and I are lighting a for your friend and her little girl. It's always so hard when they cross the bridge...the unthinkable inevitable, as a vet friend of mine says. I've lost horses, cats and dogs, and it NEVER gets easier!!!! When Maxe crossed, having Alex was the only comfort I could find. When she crosses, I can't even begin to think how I'm going to deal with it. She truly is my soul mate dog too...we've been through so much together. I get teary just thinking about it.

Among my group of friends here, all of whom are dog/horse people, the tradition when one of our furkids crosses, is to give a frame and a card. We often have a little celebration in memory of them as well at the same time. It's good to be able to cry together sometimes.

A huge :gphug: for both of you. I firmly believe that they'll all be waiting for us when we cross the bridge ourselves. And if they aren't, well, then I'm not going!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Oh Amy am so sorry to hear it. Losing a loved one, human or furry, is always the pits.

When my sister lost her mini pom last year she just about lost her mind. I had a picture of the two of them together and photoshopped it on to the rainbow bridge poem and gave it to her in a frame, and of course she loves it.

She almost made a shrine, but Mom and I had an intervention and went over there and now it is just the poem/photo with a littl shelf under it and a candle.

to you and Roxanne and for Cocoa that she made it safely to the bridge. I hear there is no more pain or parting there.

You are a good friend, Amy. Rox is lucky to have you.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Nancy Guest

Amy,

I am very sorry to hear of your friends loss. I think the Rainbow Bridge poem is such a wonder idea to give to her.

Big hug to the both of you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Amy, I'm so sorry that Roxanne has lost her beloved Cocoa. There is really nothing that anyone can say at a time like this. We all have to grieve in our own way. I like the idea of visiting and caring for her dogs for her. The idea of printing the poem and framing it with a picture of Cocoa is a nice idea, too.

Sadly our little one time here on earth is limited and much too short. to you and for Roxanne.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue