I wrote this all out including the pictures and lost it all when my modem dropped the internet connection. Arghhhhhh!

Well, let’s try it again.

I stopped to visit with Brooke, Barkley, Jake and Oscar (hers) last week in Goodview Virginia. We had a great visit ... after a rocky start. Or should I say a soft, damp front lawn?

I didn’t communicate well enough with Brooke about the “parking area” in her driveway and ended “parking” my 32’ motorhome on her front lawn! :oops: One foot into the mud! At a 45 degree angle! I was TERRIFIED! :scared1: I don’t think I could have done a worse job intentionally. Brooke has pictures of this since I was pre-occupied with the behemoth getting ready to roll down the hill sideways!
I called my Good Sam roadside assistance help line and they sent a heavy duty tow truck to pull the rv out. It was badly stuck. The driver had me sit in the motorhome and steer as he pulled us out. I could feel the vehicle slide sideways toward a tree during the process. MORE TERRIFIED! It felt like hydroplaning on a wet roadway.

After we got it out I moved the rv to a local state park (where I should have taken it in the first place) and spent the weekend parked there. Brooke and I visited with each other, did some sightseeing at the lake nearby, and hit a couple of quilting stores. Including an Amish one that was very interesting. Thank you Brooke for being such a fun, nice host!

Well, something interesting came out of this whole rv in the front yard fiasco. I was so busy (hyperventilating) dealing with the rv that I just tossed the zoo crew out and told er asked Brooke to keep an eye on them. Without my help/interference they all met and got along well (well enough for Rikka!). Maybe I have been more hindrance than help.

So here are some pics mostly taken after the motorhome move.

Mom, I am NOT climbing these stairs.

I said I am NOT climbing these stairs!

So I carried her up the stairs! Too tired to fight with her at that point.

Trying to get all five dogs to pose at the same time through the deck railings was like trying to nail jello to a wall.

I will wait for you, Mom.

Still waiting … Quite patiently for her. :toetap:

Mom he’s touching me …

She gave the boys such a hard time about sniffing her butt! She would curl her lip and snarl and they would back off REAL quick … Except for Barkley. He’s not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Barkley hiding under my chair. I guess I was his protector.

More