Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default What Happens When I Wear A Wiener Dog Shirt To Wal Mart

I was in the checkout and someone just walked up to me and said "Do you want a dog?" I've got a dachshund I'm taking to the pound out in my car right now. She digs, she's destructive, she barks and I've had enough." I ask how old she is. "Seven months" I go out to her car with her and her brood, and find a mostly dachshund mix (probably a pibble) panting in the heat. The kids pull on the ears, and the dog behaves. She's shy, and I know she won't do well in the pound. So instead of toilet paper, which I'd gone to Wally World for in the first place, I came home with this dog. They'd called her Idio, which they said was short for Idiot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

They called the dog Idio? I wonder what they called the kids who were pulling on her ears. MOROs?

I'm glad that you have her. The Anipalace has got to be totally better than where she was. Expecting a 7 month old dog to know how to behave. I wonder if they ever thought to trying to teach her to behave? Nah, that would take too much time and energy. :mad3:
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Stories like these just make my blood boil ... unfortunately I need to keep my blood pressure in check. Having so many idiots and morons in the world does not help. He's a cutie! What are you going to call him (seriously)?
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

*shaking head in utter disbelief* I just don't understand people, not at all... and I like what you are thinking Patrice - Moro1, Moro2, MoroMom, MoroDad..... She is precious !!! And needs a new name STAT !!!

Don't know why, but when I look at her sweet face, I think Muffin
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Red face

Always in the right spot at the right time. What a beautiful dog:hearts: How sad that she had such a name. she was degraded from the beginning. It really must have hurt her feelings. How can you not just hug her and love her. Thanks for saving her. Don't worry toilet paper isn't everything. The pup thanks you. Whats her name gonna be.?

Thanks

So what she is a dachshund....maybe the real idiot should have done some research before buying a cute little puppy for her bratty kids who obviously do not know how to treat a puppy...grrrrr stupid people every day I swear.

ok people how many of your doxies bark, dig and are destructive is one way or another. Heck I go through underwear like crazy because someone likes to chew them up...and chew up stupid stuff if they are upset with me....and heck I knew dachshund were barkers (mine like to bark at a car door being shut i the next state so it seems lol) before I got one and DUHHHHH they like to dig...dumb a$$ people they are bred to do this stuff..Glad you got her away from the real idiots...heck never know what deals you will find at wally-world.

So whatcha gonna name her??
    "Never be afraid to do in our hearts what we feel to be right especially if the well being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way." Unknown

Thanks

Awww.... She's cute! Is she going to be a permanent member of the anipals pack? Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time to save this little girl. Don't you hate people who get a cute puppy, then get mad when it acts like a puppy(digging, barking, etc)?:mad1: :bleep:

I'm so glad she is in a safe place now. I agree, she needs a new name.

Thanks

I am open to suggestions for her name. She's already opening up to the pack, and she loved her supper (puppy food with cheese and hamburger) She jumped up on the lounge chair outside with me, and put her paws on my back. She has also given me kisses, over the shoulder. Jumped on my lap to get behind me. She really is sweet, and NO idiot.

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

Andrea, do you have a black and white Female, Piebald dachshund, or do my eyes deceive me? How big is she? Seriously. I WANT a female, black and white piebald doxie. Hello?????? On my way home a week from tomorrow. Is she really a doxie, or a mix, or a Shonda special? I can't tell how big she is, but she will have to be fairly small, unfortunately. Yeah, picky, but I have to be. Tell me more about her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline
    Andrea, do you have a black and white Female, Piebald dachshund, or do my eyes deceive me? How big is she? Seriously. I WANT a female, black and white piebald doxie. Hello?????? On my way home a week from tomorrow. Is she really a doxie, or a mix, or a Shonda special? I can't tell how big she is, but she will have to be fairly small, unfortunately. Yeah, picky, but I have to be. Tell me more about her.
    She's a mix, but mostly dachshund. I believe that she's a Dachshund Pit Bull mix, the mix looks like 75 percent dachshund and 1/4 pibble. She's brindle, and beautiful. I know how you feel about Pits, so I doubt that this girl is who you're looking for, unless you've changed your mind. She's about as long as Dolly. I'll take some body pics of her body tomorrow. She's about as big as Barb's Toby.