Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Talking

It works with ants so I am fairly certain it will work for ticks. You can contact Ruth on the holistic horse and they are very good at answering your questions and concerns.

Thanks

Works GREAT on ticks. I second the ants thing, too. Before I cut the grass yesterday I put some on the ant beds I found. By the time I got to them on the mower, most of them were dead.

Thanks

I ordered some yesterday. We're getting close to getting ants all over the pantry, and if I don't have to take EVERYTHING out of it to spray, then clean everything out after the darn things die and put EVERYTHING back in again I'll be happy camper. I'll also spray the ants beds in the backyard. That will be Heaven!!
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Yes, DE (food grade!) is awesome stuff - we use it for ants and fleas, mostly, but it will "kill" most insects. Do not inhale it - there's a warning on the bag - and I usually "rake" it into the grass, down onto the ground, after I apply it and keep the furkids off the area for a couple of hours, so the "dust" can settle down and their chances of inhalation are very low. And yes, if you apply it and it gets wet, you have to apply it again. But it's pretty reasonable, and about the safest thing for fleas and ticks. I used Boraxo in the house when I had a bad flea infestation - it's basically the same thing, but more expensive and I think a little safer for using inside. It certainly works well!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I ordered my DE. I'm going to put it out in the yard and around the house. No fleas this year.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Do not inhale it - there's a warning on the bag
    I agree, the dust can be harmful to your lungs. We use it at work as and the employees that handle it are required to wear dusk masks. Of course, they use a larger quantity than for household use, but if it were me, I would wear a dust mask just to be safe.

I am thinking about getting some for the sugar ants that like to "visit" my kitchen.

Thanks

Default DE question

Ok, when treating for fleas in the house is it like normal flea killer, you sprinkle it out and then vacuum it up or do you leave it down? And about how far will 2.5 gallons go?
    Mama to
    Da Baby Brat Emma Caroline &
    Da Cats Max & Bandit

Thanks

Okay maybe I'm being cheap but $22.00 for shipping??
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frzframe
    Okay maybe I'm being cheap but $22.00 for shipping??
    It's because it's very heavy. The shipping for my 10 lb bag was $12.00
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox
    It's because it's very heavy. The shipping for my 10 lb bag was $12.00
    Maybe I'll have get that size. I'll ask my parents if they want to spilt the bigger bag with me.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]