Thread: Coughing

Thanks

Default Coughing

I already called the Vet and set up an appt to get Digger checked, but its not until Monday (earliest they could get us in)
    But Digger has been coughing so much lately, and sneezing, it has me a very worried mommy, even DH is worried..

And honestly that's the only thing I noticed, he is not short of breath, he sleeps a lot but when we play with him he all for playing and plays even after we stop.. He is always full steam ahead..
    Pooping normally, eating no problem! very excited about when its feeding time,

just this coughing thing has me stumped...

any ideas?
    Lindsey - Proud Mama of Digger and Bo(vine)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

If it was just coughing, I'd lean towards heart problems. But if he's sneezing too, then it's probably allergies. This is a bad time of year with everything coming into bud etc. for your boy. Keep us posted, ok?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    If it was just coughing, I'd lean towards heart problems. But if he's sneezing too, then it's probably allergies. This is a bad time of year with everything coming into bud etc. for your boy. Keep us posted, ok?
    Try giving him Benadryl for children (there are some pre-measured plastic things that look like a small spoon, I give my kids one of them every day when allergies are bad) to see if it gets better. Sending plenty of for Digger.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

yea I was thinking allergies also, but I'll still get him checked anyway... I'll try the Benadryl for children, and see if that helps at all..
    Thanks ladies! and I will keep you all updated!

Thanks

Well because of the coughing and sneezing, I decided Digger is going to be restricted from the dog park until after the vet on Monday, but we both need out of the house, so we went and hit up a seldom used walking trail back of my complex, and I noticed that when we were outside, the coughing and sneezing was very noticeable.
    He didn't cough and sneeze all day before we went on the walk but afterwards he's been coughing and sneezing..
    So I'm thinking allergies..

We shall see!

Thanks

It could be allergies. The pollen count is VERY high this year.

Thanks

Lots of no coughing and sneezing rayzfor Digger. Lets us know what the Vet says.