Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Dere HRH,

Dis is your new cousin Jules Jeffrey. I just wanna say "you go girl" on da eating ting. Us gourmands gots to stick together!!!! Sorry it made your tummy all icky, but it could be worse...my mom MADE me trow up. Yup, sad but true. Why, I ask you?? Your mom sounds like da bomb!!! Hopes you is feeling better.

love
    Jules

A note to HRH's mom from Jule's mom...Rae, until this last go-round with Julie, I would have been of the wait and see camp, but it turns out that some things take a while to show up, despite the tummy upset. Like anemia, which is what you get from eating oniony type things. I have a faint recollection reading somewhere that bulbs fall in this category. So if it was me, I'd give Dr. Chuck a call and ask the question that you suspect it might have been a bulb, and do you need to be concerned? Many many many from all of us here and just as many to you. And to heck with the office manager...it's your office, after all
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

That's a good point, Paula. I didn't know that.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I'd be in the wait and see camp, and I did NOT talk to HRH at all about a sissy.

Thanks

I believe onions are bulbs, but I don't think all bulbs are necessarily onion-related (I am not sure what I just said ). I am not sure if the iris is toxic to dogs or not (have saved some links on that, but don't have them on this computer). A vet call probably wouldn't hurt especially considering her age, although pooping, peeing, and drinking water are all good things
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Iris is on the list of toxic plants (thanks for the link reminder Kim!). http://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/tox...en-plants.html

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

In the "better safe than sorry" camp, I called Dr Chuck. He looked it up just to double check and said while iris bulbs can be somewhat toxic, they will cause vomiting and diahrrea in order for the body to rid itself of the toxins.

Ummm. yeah. I'd say so! :vomit:

He said there is no known "cure" and the bulbs are not deadly unless ingested in huge quantity. She chucked up a couple of suspicious looking bits, and has not been sick out either end since about 9:15. He said give her gatorade or pedialyte and maybe some tummy meds, and she *should* be fine. They are open tomorrow, and if she is still puny I am going to take her in then. She is here with me and droopy ... not really "lethargic" but more "hung over" acting.

So we're getting rice and gatorade tonight and Mommy will be keeping a BERY close eye on her.

Funny- I had called DH at work to ask him about our tree removal kid ("don't call me at work honey, I work at a PRISON") and instead of calling me back he "stopped by the office." He has been to my office about four times in the three and a half years I have worked here. Don't tell me he was not worried about her.

So - "wait and see" after "checking with the vet" seems to be the right answer. You guys are the greatest. Thanks.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Smile duchie sick........

I'm so sorry the little girl is feeling badly. I'm a worry-wart & i'd probably take her in to vet, seeing as how she's still having diahrrea from the night before. That's just me, tho. I imagine a more calm person would wait 'till tomorrow A.M. & then take her in, if she's still sick. Tough call. Hope she is better really soon & that it's nothing serious, at all.

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out & your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

Thanks

We just got back from home... had to go take an emergency bath and wash our bed and blankie. for anyone whose dog has never filled a cozy cave with runny poops , well, good for you. :vomit:

Thanks

Poor baby, I hope she feels better soon.

More for your girl.

Quote Originally Posted by duchiesmom
    In the "better safe than sorry" camp, I called Dr Chuck.
    that makes me feel better.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

me too Patt. And he said give her a dose of tummy meds, which I did while we were home having our beauty treatment.... and starting a load of dog laundry...