Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Um, mom?? did you forget something??

I've been sick with the crud for the last week, and decided to go to bed a bit early last night. Put Jules out, then she climbed into bed, did her scruffling thing and settled in for the night. James decided to bark his fool head off at the stupid fireworks the neighbours across the road were setting off, then to cap it all off, the Belgian shepherd who lives behind us decided to come pay a visit to the yard. James is going ballistic, then pees on the bedroom carpet. Not a happy mom!!! Finally get him to bed, brush my teeth, climb in, read for a minute and then fall asleep. Woken by the sound of Jules barking somewhere in the house, not the bedroom! Somehow, she had gotten past me while I was dealing with James, went into the TV room, crawled under the blankie, and I guess went to sleep. Briefly. Poor little girl was incredibly incensed, and a bit scared. She snuggled right up to me and slept there all night, which she never does!!!!! Silly little princess doggie :hearts::hearts:
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Sorry, but I had to laugh. Something similar happened to me the other night (except for the pee on the carpet, thank doG), and I'm still laughing at it.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Awwww. poor Jules in the wrong part of the house

We have a doggie gate in the bedroom door that we used when the dogs aren't crated to keep them in the bedroom. I'm very scared of having a fire and not being able to find the dogs in the house to get them outside so I use the gate when I don't crate them. One night Miller slipped out and went to some other part of the house. I heard him whining as I was reading before I went to sleep and sat up to see him on the wrong side of the gate. Poor guy was so pitiful.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Aren't they funny/pathetic/entertaining?:hearts: :hearts:
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"

Thanks

Poor Julie!

I've left one of mine outside. I got all cozy in bed then noticed one lump was missing so I get up calling for her ... nothing. Open the back door and there she was sitting looking so sad. Guess that should've taught her to come when I call ... NOPE, she still doesn't listen.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Sounds so familiar to what happens in our home also. I am sll the time counting noses. And Silver is usually the one hiding under the couch blankie or Teak does not want to come inside.
    Southwind
    Herder of Teak, Stomper, Rascel, Silver,
    Dreamer, Abby, Bella (GCDR), Mona & "Santuary Doxie" Lucky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rileybugg
    Aren't they funny/pathetic/entertaining?:hearts: :hearts:
    YES! ENORMOUSLY!!
    Iris (Jack's Mom, valet and cook)

Thanks

Silly little princess doggie :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."