Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

I am going through the same thing with Rigby. The only dog there that she wants anything to do with is the male dachshund. She growls, barks, and snaps at all of the other dogs.

The funniest thing is that she'll growl and snap at another dog, then run behind me to protect her- like, "Oh, shoot- I ran my mouth off again- better take cover."

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in this situation- misery loves company. I wonder if spoiled rotten dachsie girls can be fixed?
    Tracy, Mr. Butters, Rigby, Ariana Marie & Isabella Charlotte

Nancy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia
    The funniest thing is that she'll growl and snap at another dog, then run behind me to protect her- like, "Oh, shoot- I ran my mouth off again- better take cover."
    my god, we have the SAME dog!!

I'm thinking I should of posted this blurp in the "Joke of the Day" section!

Thanks

I see that image now or the doxies hiding behind your legs after making so much noise!!!
    ShadowReesee, Lil' Smokey and Sassy

Thanks

This is just a thought, but are you spending a lot of time practicing the obedience with Molly at home? I know that when I took Bailey to obedience training the instructor told us to practice with our dogs, but make the practice sessions very brief and fun for the dog. I was just thinking maybe she acted up because she's tired of the training if she's doing it a lot at home?

Oh, yeah, and I couldn't help when I read your post. Sorry!
    Kelly
    Proud Mom of Bailey, Peanut and Grover :heart: :heart: :muchlove:
    In Loving Memory of Bumper, the first great love of my life and the one who started it all... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nancy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bumpergirl
    This is just a thought, but are you spending a lot of time practicing the obedience with Molly at home? I know that when I took Bailey to obedience training the instructor told us to practice with our dogs, but make the practice sessions very brief and fun for the dog. I was just thinking maybe she acted up because she's tired of the training if she's doing it a lot at home?

Oh, yeah, and I couldn't help when I read your post. Sorry!
    Yup, we practice a little bit every day. In the house and on our walks. Last night before I fed her dinner I told her to sit and she was just so freakin' excited to eat that she was jumping on my leg, running in circles. So after a minute of that little "show", I said again (and used the hand signal) sit, and she did. Grant it, she sat for all of oh, 3 seconds, but something is better than nothing!!

Thanks

Poor Nancy!! that next week will go better for you!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper