Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks

That's the news I was waiting to hear!! Yay for Sophie going home!!!
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

That is good news

A little chicken, a little scrambled eggy and she'll be hoovering again before long.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

You raw feeders may want the vet's head on a platter, but he's blaming her "raw diet" for this. We were sent home with a bunch of food and meds, and instructions to have her rechecked by Dr. Moore in a week. She only nipped at the techs when they put something in that stung, but the rest of the time she was a Very. Good. Girl.

Thanks

Glad baby girl is home !!!! My guess would be it is just the change.... but what do I know !!!! She may just have to be checked every week for a while until it is regulated..... geez...very scary deal. Smoochies to Sophie :heart:
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom
    You raw feeders may want the vet's head on a platter, but he's blaming her "raw diet" for this. We were sent home with a bunch of food and meds, and instructions to have her rechecked by Dr. Moore in a week. She only nipped at the techs when they put something in that stung, but the rest of the time she was a Very. Good. Girl.
    I think this girl has been stressed for a very long time. It all just came to a head with all the recent changes (flight, food, surroundings, & people etc), and it was too much for her body to take.

Feel better being sent. I hope she is feeling better soon.
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

I too posted and dont see it
    Tons more for Sophie, So glad she is ont he mend! If I were closer I would give you a neck?shoulder massage as after 10+ years getting PT massage I learned a thing or two and it wouldnt cost a dime
    Am keeping you and ALL the Anipals in my thoughts and prayers that things go smooth for a long while for yall, you need a break (cuz I can and I iz speshul too)
    [I]Brooke & Barkly Ween angel pups Jake an Oscar♡

Thanks

Gosh! She has been eating Raw for 4 years!
    I switched her over (not completely) to Chicken wellness about 3 weeks ago.
    I gave her the raw for her dinner with veggies.

I'm truly stumped- can't really believe that it was her "raw" diet

I am thrilled to read that she is on the mend and am so sorry that she nipped the vet techs when they stung her.
    Poor baby girl
    Plz gib her a kiss from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JanUet
    Gosh! She has been eating Raw for 4 years!
    I switched her over (not completely) to Chicken wellness about 3 weeks ago.
    I gave her the raw for her dinner with veggies.

I'm truly stumped- can't really believe that it was her "raw" diet

I am thrilled to read that she is on the mend and am so sorry that she nipped the vet techs when they stung her.
    Poor baby girl
    Plz gib her a kiss from me.
    They didn't blame her at all for nipping, they knew it hurt/stung. She's next to Otto right now, and I'll let her sleep there, knowing my little nursemaid girls will alert me if anything is up. And I don't think it's her diet either, he just can't imagine why her blood levels were so weird. He thought pancreatitis, but she has no other symptoms of that.

Thanks

Was it determined that what she had was definitely a stroke? If so, it couldn't be the raw diet because strokes are caused by the blockage of blood flow to the brain... Just sayin.

Also, phosphate levels in the blood fall as calcium levels rise, and both of these levels are regulated by the kidneys. If she was dehydrated, then the kidneys weren't working right, and that could explain the numbers a bit.

I also know that dehydration can present as a heat attack or stroke, and that seems to mesh with everything posted, thereby discounting the raw diet as a cause once again.

I'm not all in a tizzy or anything, just pointing out that the diet is most likely not the cause of Sophie's problem this time. If the vet didn't even know anything about it, it makes sense that he would blame it - its been done before, and will be done again.

On that note, I am glad that Sophie is doing better!
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patt
    I think this girl has been stressed for a very long time. It all just came to a head with all the recent changes (flight, food, surroundings, & people etc), and it was too much for her body to take.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue