Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Our play date with Iceman went very well!

So we had a play date on Saturday with Iceman (our friends' dachshund they rescued just last month). We'll be taking care of Iceman for a week over Christmas and wanted all the weenies to meet a few times before hand. We met outside in our yard, off leashes. Snooter kept running up to him, barking, and running away, trying to inniate play with him. The Prof was more interested in sniffing his butt! :rofl: At one point, a big dog walked by and all three were barking at him. We went into the house and they all did great. We were all soooo suprised! Snooter just kept trying to get him to chase her, and the Prof just kept sniffing. I think all us parents are thrilled and we're all very excited to have Iceman over the holidays! He's such a love, I just can't tell you all how sweet he is! When they left, Snooter was whining/pacing by the door for about 20 minutes. My girl is just boy crazy! :hearts: We're going to make a little diary for him mom and dad while they're gone, complete with pictures - "Iceman's Christmas Vacation".
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown

Jen Guest

Yay Iceman! Glad he got along so well with Snoot and the Prof. Is he named after the Val Kilmer character in Top Gun?

Thanks

That is SO cool....I'm really happy things went so well with the Iceman! :banana: :boogie: :banana:

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha's Mom
    Yay Iceman! Glad he got along so well with Snoot and the Prof. Is he named after the Val Kilmer character in Top Gun?
    Yup! His previous owner (he was with an older lady for about 5 years and then put in the shelter, I think b/c she passed away) and evidently she was a big top gun fan! They are already talking about getting him a brother.... of course his name would have to be Slider!!! :rofl:

His name fits him so well.... I spilled a glass of ice water in the kitchen, and he came running in, grabbed an ice cube in his mouth, and took off! :rofl:
    Karen - Proud Hoomom to Bella "Snooter" Boo & The Professor Buster Brown

Thanks

Karen, I'm happy to hear all went well at the playdate. I think the diary is a wonderful idea and I'm sure the hooparents would really appreciate it. :hearts:
    They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)

Thanks

That's great Karen!!! :banana: Glad things went so well. The diary is such a cute idea! Just don't forget...we want the pictures to!! (Like I have to remind you) :rofl: I love the name Iceman! That is one of my favorite movies too. How cute is it that Snooter has a crush!! :hearts: :hearts: She'll be in heavan when he comes for a whole week!!
    Becca and always in my heart Heidi and Buddy

Thanks

That's great and all, but where ARE the pictures? :conf3:
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

That is Wonderful news! Glad all the Dachsie's got along so well! :banana: :boogie:

So while the trio was playing and having a great time......NOBODY thought of snappin' a few pics? Where are YOUR Priorities Woman!!!!!!!!

We WANT PICS!

The diary is a fabulous idea!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Great news! The diary is a good idea. My petsitter leaves a little sheet for me with notes about each visit and how everyone did. I really like that. A diary with pictures would be wonderful.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    We're going to make a little diary for him mom and dad while they're gone, complete with pictures - "Iceman's Christmas Vacation".
    It's great to hear the play date went so well!! :boogie:

You have to share the vacation diary with us too!!
    :hula2: :christmas :hula2:

Can you tell this is my first warm Christmas? :D
    Adopt a Senior!

-Renée and Pokey (1992-2008)