Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Sugar - Newest Foster at the Kane Resort and Spa

Here she is. Her old name was Precious, new name is Sugar. We went thru about 20 names and came on it by accident. I asked if hubby wanted sugar in his tea and he said "What?" and I said "Sugar" and had her in the kitchen in a flash so tried calling her that a few more times and she answers to it. So Sugar it is and it really fits her. She is house trained, she goes to door and asks to go out.
    My sweet friend - not sure if she wants me to tell you who - drove all the way here with her and visited for a while (wish she could have spent the night), got loved by all the kids and ate dinner with us.
    Here is Sugar's story and some pictures because I know how much you all like pictures.
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 9:32 PM

She is very sweet and just made herself at home. Am going to post tonight before we go to bed., with pictures.
    Got more of her history today. I called the shelter and talked to Debra Delaney Community Services Co. and she told me that Sugar (old name Precious) was born Aug 18 2002. She was bought from a petstore originally. Her owner lost her home, had been living on the streets for a while and finally deceided to give her up in hopes that someone would adopt her. She seems (but will let you know what Doc says) to be in good health except for being way too thin. (But not much food for months will do that). She is about 9 lbs right now. She is very active and started playing with the toys immediately and the rest of the furcrew. She is definitely a female's dog. She acknowledged Mike and barked at him, but does not go near him at this time. She has a spay appt HW Test and shots on Monday. She got a bath when she first arrived and no fleas on her, so that was a good thing. She has a low grade fever, but that can be stress or changes. She did get a Bordetella and shots on 8/17 at the shelter. They gave her the first of 2 shots of DA2PP (the shelter lady said they give them 2 times 2 weeks apart).

Shelter Picture

On the Couch

Playing with the others

With pink bobo toy

Playing catch and Fetch

She loves to play catch and fetch.
    Southwind
    Herder of Teak, Stomper, Rascel, Silver,
    Dreamer, Abby, Bella (GCDR), Mona & "Santuary Doxie" Lucky

Thanks

Once again, thanks for fostering :D Can't wait to see her blossom under your loving care.:hearts:

Ft. Myers, Fl Home to hurricanes,..storms, not the teams
    Thanks

She is a tad thin, but some good food will take care of that. Thanks for taking her in, and she looks like she has made herself right at home. Sorry about her mom losing her home. Has she found a place, or do you know?

Thanks

No, as sweet as she is, after gaining some weight and getting spayed, she will one day move on to her forever home. She is fine with other dogs, but needs a female companion or a couple of female companions. She just does not pay attention to hubby but that may change once she figures out that he is a good guy and he gives her good treats. I think she just did not spend time with a male or was not bonded to a male but more to a female. She just kinda ignores hubby.
    She really surprised me because within 15 minutes, she was playing and not at all shy. She was unsure when she came in the door and I immediately gave her a bath and everyone was barking and wanting to say hello. So I put them in a different room while the bath was going one and once she was dry, let 2 at a time out to greet her and by the time everyone was out, she was getting toys and running around and playing with them all. Even Teak jpined in the play and that really surprised me, usually he just lays on the end of the couch and stares and ignores everyone.
    She has already figured out that good things come out of the second cabniet on the top in the kitchen.
    Southwind

Thanks

She is beautiful!! Thank you so much for fostering her. that she's hw neg.

Thanks

:love9: Awwww, what a pretty little girl:hearts: Sounds like she is going to love being part of the herd for awhile

How sad for her owner having to give her up.
    Tammy and Peanut

Thanks

She's so cute :love9: :love9: I'm so glad she's so outgoing and is doing so well at your home (but then, which dog would be crazy not to?). Thank you for taking her and taking care of her.:love9:
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Awwww- sounds like the perfect foster home for her. I hope her former mom finds out that she will be safe. She must have loved her very much to give her up like that.
    Spay & Neuter makes 'em cuter
    http://www.straydog.org/ "All stray dogs to lucky dogs...NOW!"

Thanks

for caring for beautiful Sugar. She will totally thrive under your loving care.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Andrea, can I ask you to do your "talk" thing. I beleive that she was a spoiled, apple of her momma's eye and that when her mommy lost her home and was on the streets for so long that she tried very hard to take care of Sugar but in the end tried to do the best for her. I just need to know that Sugar knows she was loved so much and her mommy was trying to do the best for her ( I think she knows that, but need to know what you get from her).
    At the shelter, she was wagging her tail so much and so hard that she broke the tip from it hitting the bars and she was bleeding at the end of it. (doc will take care of that Monday also). I put antibotic cream on it and bandaged it till tomarrow. They were calling her Happy Tail Girl. It fit her good. Her tail wags alot and nothing here to bang it against.
    The only issues I have with her is she is too polite! She must be handed a chewie, will not take one out of the chewie box (big plastic box in LR). And she asks before taking a bite of food. But wants people food very much, so will have to work on the "No people Food" thing.
    Southwind