Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Lily (friends' doxie)

My friends and co-workers' doxie, Lily, was attacked last night in her yard by a German shepherd. He grabbed her by the stomach and shook her. They rushed Lily to the e-vet but there was nothing that can be done. Lily was only two and the light of their lives. I'm so sad for them.
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

:holyshp: Poor poor girl. Was the GS running loose? :mad:

Godspeed sweet girl, no one should die like that. and many many to her poor humans.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Oh no! That is one of my biggest fears... Godspeed sweet Lily
    Sandi ~ Lola/Red LH ~ Riesling/Cream LH ~ Dooley/Red DD Smooth
    Foster mom for CTDR.ORG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom
    :holyshp: Poor poor girl. Was the GS running loose? :mad:

Godspeed sweet girl, no one should die like that. and many many to her poor humans.

Yes...where Deb and Katie live, there is a lot of land and no one has fenced in yards. This dog has been a menace for some time. Lily was playing in the sprinkler when the shepherd ran onto their property, grabbed her by the stomach and shook her. The shepherd is in quarantine for 14 days but Animal Control is going to give it back to the owners. My heart is breaking for Deb and Katie...My girls played with Lily a couple of times...she was a tiny little wire hair with a huge personality. I can't stand it...so much loss lately.
    Robyne - mom to Bayley & Braydi
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thanks

That is absolutely horrible. My heart aches for them. I can't believe that GSD gets to go back home. Is there any repercussion for that???
    RIP, Lily.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

OMG, I am so sorry - that is heartbreaking :(. Our sympathies to your friends.

for this little one.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, Robyne, that's horrible. I'm so sorry.

There are a lot of people here that think that the golf course is a place to let their dogs run loose in the evening. Cash got jumped by a GSD on night and now I hear there's another dog that "gets loose" and has attacked a couple of dogs. I noticed my neighbors that have a couple b/t smooths have started taking a golf club with them when they walk their dogs so I presume that they've had problems also. I hate people that let their dogs roam.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

This is horrible! I also cannot believe they'll get the GSD back to their owners, who are the irresponsible parties to begin with. They should be in jail by knowingly let an aggressive dog run lose!!

R.I.P. Lily. This is
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vferraro99
    This is horrible! I also cannot believe they'll get the GSD back to their owners, who are the irresponsible parties to begin with. They should be in jail by knowingly let an aggressive dog run lose!!

R.I.P. Lily. This is
    There's a similar case going on here, although fortunately no dogs have died...yet. There's a woman with a pittie cross named Brindi, who's been under a muzzle order for two years (dog, not woman ) because the dog is allowed to roam free and has attacked a number of other dogs. She was also supposed to have her enclosed in a fenced yard ONLY!!! She didn't comply, Brindi got out and bit again, owner complained to A/C, and the A/C officers showed up at the woman's house with a seize and euthanize order. Woman took case to court, court ruled in her favour only because the A/C officers didn't follow correct procedure re: warnings, and Brindi has been in the pound for a year basically on death row with a stay of execution. All because the idiot owner refused to comply (although SHE says Brindi just "got away" from her). If a child had been bitten, the dog would be dead, no questions asked. But because it was other dogs, this happened. It all makes me :mad3: because yet again, the dogs (including Brindi) are suffering because of an idiot owner!!! This is why I do NOT walk my dogs anywhere that other dogs can be off leash...even at the beach, if there're any other off-leash dogs around (and there usually isn't, because hardly anyone goes there), we just stay in the car.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Oh no Robyne - that is awful. Godspeed sweet Lily. Please let her family know we are thinking of her.
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly