Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Mr. Owen Weenie, Agility Boy WITH PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a lovely day of agility Friday!!! The weather here was gorgeous (80 and sunny) and the dogs always love being at Stony Creek. It's a working orchard with a dog training facility and agility trial ring and the first place we ever trialed sooo long ago (I honestly don't know how long ago..must be like 4 years agp..Laika and me ;)
    Cider, donuts, ice cream and dogs. What could be better???
    Salsa ran her little heart out. She is just an awesome little thing. 4 runs friday, 4 Q's.
    And Mr. Owen Weenie...for some reason he was just really into it. I only ran him twice (Jackpot and Colors) but he was sooo fast and jumping very nicely (very high as to not knock da peen). He hit the weave poles so fast at one point I never thought he'd stay in and finish them but he did. I LOVE it when Owen is having fun. He's such a serious dog.
    AND I have pictures!!! Yes, actual right now pictures.
    We ended up going back Saturday morning because Nancy, my friend with breast cancer was cleared to go (it's in her bones; in her hip, rib and clavical) so they wanted to make sure she could run without jeapardizing the bone and she could . But she forgot that she hadn't registered her dog with CPE so she couldn't run anyway :( But it was good to see her and a whole lot of other people showed up to, to hang out with her
    I jsut ran one run with each Owen and Laika and 2 with Salsa. Perfect lovely fast runs. I asked Becky to run Laika cuz Laika wasn't all that into me Friday Looking to BARK. She's such a nut..loves to bark at things at Stony...I think she's been there so much she thinks she owns the place. Couldn't see anything to bark at so jsut barked into the air while she ran. Goof. It was so cute to see her running with Becky and she did wonderfully.
    Just a level 1 jumpers and 4 inches but it makes her happy. Makes us all happy cuz the brattness that comes out when she doesn't get to run at all is not fun.
    And Becky got her first Q with her new baby dog (well..she's 20 months but a baby in agility of course) Ruby.
    ok, pictures!!!
    These first three are from the last trial but I picked them up yesterday. The photographer, Tawnya Shepherd, is just a wonderful person. She gave me some for free and also made a lovely collage for Harriet (mom of Rosie the cavalier who passed away last Saturday). Our agility friends are truly like family..like here but IRL! Harriet bought me the one of Salsa jumping.
    Here's Owen going for the table. Look at the face!

Little dog...big tunnel!! And Tawnya kindly photoshopped the judges legs out of this picture for me!

Laika going for the table Friday

Laika flying with Becky

And me singing the Owen Weenie song into Owen's ear before his first run Friday
    Bad bad haircut. I didn't realize she butchered it that much. Owell. hair grows.
    I love this picture and Tawnya had printed it out to hang on her board and gave it to me for free. an 8 X 10!
    My boy...:hearts: :hearts:
    Last edited by areese; 09-06-2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

Those are all incredible pictures on the successful day. The Laika one's made me a bit teary, it is so awesome to see her running her little heart out. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

:faint: Every single one of those pictures are FABULOUS. Each of them shows heart..... all of them !!! The last one of you and Owee brought tears to my eyes.... oh wait the tears started at the beginning Sounds like THE.MOST.PERFECT.DAY !!!!
    (so how does the Owen Weenie song go? :D)
    Barb,Owned by Rudy Brandy-Angel Toby Mary Holly

Thanks

Sung to the tune of Yankee Doodle
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie weenieeee
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie PEEEEENIEEEEEE

Great song, huh? That's why I sing it into his ear so no one thinks I am crazy.
    Oh heck..they all know I am crazy.

and Segue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by areese
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie weenieeee
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie

LOL - I sing silly stuff like that in my backyard - I KNOW my neighbors think I am certifiable !!!! And if the song psyched The.OWEN.WEENIE out and ready to run... :Woot:

Thanks

I think it makes him feel relaxed and secure. He's a funny one..very sensitive and if he's nervous he will shut down. I think it just reminds him he's my boy no matter what :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
    It's so funny..I worked on his jumping soooo much. Or I should say we did. He over-jumps and doesn't judge the distance so he takes off early or stutter-steps before the jump so ends up knocking it so he jumps even BIGGER the next time and then lands right on it and so on...
    I quite working on it..he doesn't do class anymore and he doesn't like working in the backyard so now the whole time we run I compliment his jumping (tell him what a GREAT jumper he is) and I run with the thought in my mind that Owen is a great jumper with NO problems and as long as I am confident, he is too. It's such a weird thing.
    Only works with Owen. He was jumping his contacts last summer (the yellow painted area on the dogwalk, a-frame, teeter). I did train it a LOT but one night before an out of town trial I was in bed with the dogs at the motel and held Owen right next to me and pictured over and over in my mind him running down to the end of the contact area, picturing me doing what I've trained (I tell him good, good, good at each stride that isn't a leap and ask for a down at the very end) and pictured me praising him at the end and being so proud and the next day he did them all perfectly for the first time in months and months. He seldom jumps them now. Hmm...better think about that for the AWSOMM trial (that's a club I belong to) cuz it's USDAA with smaller contact areas...

and Segue

Thanks

Those are gorgeous pics... you don't realize how small the Bug is until you see her coming out of the tunnel Loved all the pictures, but I agree that the one with you holding Owen Weenie brought tears to my eyes... :love9:
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

I think it makes him feel relaxed and secure. He's a funny one..very sensitive and if he's nervous he will shut down. I think it just reminds him he's my boy no matter what :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
    It's so funny..I worked on his jumping soooo much. Or I should say we did. He over-jumps and doesn't judge the distance so he takes off early or stutter-steps before the jump so ends up knocking it so he jumps even BIGGER the next time and then lands right on it and so on...

It just shows on in tune you are to each other..... and when you are confident, he is too !!!! Awesome !

Thanks

Those are fantastic pictures! Great action shots! ( I still have the pic of Owen Weenie and his ribbons on my wall in the office!)
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"

Thanks

Owen weenie
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie weenieeee
    Owen weenie
    Owen weenie

I have that song stuck in my head now...
    Laura
    http://www.dogdialogues.com
    "I live in a cartoon"