Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Seizure. My Peanut used to get those as well as the full blown ones. They were exactly as you described and the vet said they were mild seizures.

Thanks

She had two more today. This is worrisome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, no! That is worrisome.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Uh oh, poor Cecilia... is she on any kind of medication that could be doing that?? Sending lots of for Cecilia.

Thanks

No meds, she finished the course of antibiotics she was on for her cough three days ago. I plan on consulting the vet tomorrow, and maybe will be able to catch it on video, so they know what I'm talking about. There just aren't any triggers for her fits. I'm not doing anything with her I haven't done before (except disturbing dust, and she gets that outside anyway)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Tons of that you'll figure it out, and that it's nothing serious! Keep us posted, 'K?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

She had 2 more in the night and one about 20 minutes ago, and this last one knocked her over. That's a total of 6 seizures in about the last 12 hours.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, no! Maybe it triggered by seasonal allergens? I'm wondering about that with Miller since the only seizures he had were in the spring.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otto'sMom View Post
    She had 2 more in the night and one about 20 minutes ago, and this last one knocked her over. That's a total of 6 seizures in about the last 12 hours.
    I say it's about time for the vet to see her. That's an awful lot of seizures in such a short time.
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Seems wierd that they started so suddenly...could there be something she's allergic to or her system finds toxic???
    But hopefully some meds can fix her up. My pig took phenobarbitol for years and it totally stopped his seizures. ONe thing I did do was mess around finding the absolutley smallest dosage that would maintain him..once they get on the recommended dosage and seizures have stopped, you can try reducing it a little at a time until you find the threshold bloodlevel. Just cuz it's hard on the liver to take seizure meds. He ended up able to take 1/4 the amount he started on and eventually didn't need it at all.
    Pheno is cheap but can be sedating on the recommended dosage, another reason to find the smallest dose that works.
    BU it's best to get them stopped first. I believe there is a "kindling effect" with seizures once they become frequent..the more they have the easier they are to trigger so it's important to get them stopped as soon as you can. Definitely needs the vet today...
    Lots of for Cecelia
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue