Threaded View

Thanks

Question What rescue takes in seniors? (Updated)

I got an email from a shelter in Wichita that has a pair of seniors that need to be adopted together. I can't take them or I would and I've also sent it out to others in the CCDR group but so far no one has answered it.

The shelter is willing to transport them.

Here is the last part of the email.

Permission to cross post!

I have these two boys tagged for rescue so they don't die!! Can you help?? If so let me know, my mixed breed rescue has them tagged for me because the director knows I will find someone to help!!!
    ---Amy
    ~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone is interested in rescuing these two, we can set up transport---ANYWHERE!!
    Sally Matay Rescue Coordinator 815-955-9138

Wichita, KS.

The elderly owner of 2 senior dachshunds (males) has become ill and can no longer care for her dogs. Another family member is trying to find a home for them or they will be euthanized. They are thought to be 7-10 years old. One is black and tan and one red.

They MUST be placed together as they are lost without each other.

If someone is willing to take them, they will receive dentals before coming. They have already been vaccinated, and are heartworm negative.

I visited the dogs in a clinic where they are temporarily being boarded, and they are sweet, just confused and scared. Please, does anyone have a retirement home for these boys??? They have too much love to give to die.
    Last edited by Frzframe; 03-06-2006 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Updated
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]